Football Season 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only saw the first half so it was 1 - 0 to united when i left, would United fans agree with Chris Sutton?

View attachment 96465
Chris Sutton. Please. He is still bitter that United didn't want him.

1709490350658.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris Sutton. Please. He is still bitter that United didn't want him.

That may be the case but do you agree or disagree with what he said he is not the only one saying it.

1709490647146.png

The match stats must make depressing viewing for united fans.

1709490502696.png

I watched most of it, city are so far ahead of united it's unreal. How long before the likes of Barca and Madrid are coming for Foden he's in a league of his own fantastic to watch, as a Liverpool fan if i was a gambler my money would be on city but you can't write Kloppo off he is a tactical genius what he has done at Liverpool will go down in history his knack of signing players for peanuts is legendary Lewendowski Gundaon Robertson Salah and a host of others, for me he is a proper manager he doesn't need Mr money bags to bank roll him, anyway it will be a good run in

How long before the likes of Barca and Madrid are coming for Foden he's in a league of his own fantastic to watch,

What would he gain by going to Barca or Madrid?

as a Liverpool fan if i was a gambler my money would be on city but you can't write Kloppo off

Them still being top and it being Klopps last season will give them a boost its theirs to lose at the moment.

1. Manchester City​

The year 2023 saw Manchester City dominate and writing their own history. The Citizens won 5 major trophies in a year and were named the best club in the whole world after winning the Club World Cup. The Quintuple winning team performed admirably in all domestic leagues and advanced significantly in contests throughout Europe.

Pep Guardiola’s innovative strategies, which prioritise a fluid fusion of possession-based football and precision finishing, helped City win multiple titles. With a winning attitude and a deep squad strength, City displayed their potential to dominate both domestically and internationally, solidifying their place among the top teams in football, especially for 2023.

The year 2023 saw Manchester City dominate and writing their own history. The Citizens won 5 major trophies in a year and were named the best club in the whole world after winning the Club World Cup. The Quintuple winning team performed admirably in all domestic leagues and advanced significantly in contests throughout Europe.
Fair play but it's backed by people who throw money like it's confetti, i would like to see Pep at a proper club who have a budget, look at who he has managed barca, Bayern, City, all bank rolled by money people. then look at Klopp, Mainze, Dortmund who were on their knees when he took over, Liverpool not won a title for 30 years like i said he is a proper manager

Fair play but it's backed by people who throw money like it's confetti

You say below a foreign club can pay more than he can earn here then say we throw money at players like confetti I don't think he will leave for more money I assume we will be able to match any money aside why would he want to leave City at the moment it would be a backward step.

More money than he could ever earn here

i would like to see Pep at a proper club
Wow you really are a bitter, he is at a proper club he achieved his goal last season and is still here if he wants to move on when his contract ends we will wish him well and thank him for what he has done.

Paul Tierney, who made a mistake in Liverpool's win at Nottingham Forest, will not referee a game in the next round of Premier League matches.

However, he will be the video assistant referee (VAR) for Arsenal's home game with Brentford on Saturday.
Tierney stopped play for a head injury to Reds defender Ibrahima Konate when Forest had possession in added time.

He restarted play by giving Liverpool goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher the ball and Darwin Nunez scored moments later.

The goal gave the visitors a 1-0 victory and came in the 99th minute - one minute and 50 seconds after the restart incident.

International Football Association Board rules state the game should have restarted with Forest possession from where they had the ball outside the box.

The decision did not lead directly to the goal, however, with Forest regaining possession before Nunez eventually scored the winner.

Forest players and staff surrounded Tierney after full-time and coach Steven Reid was shown a red card.

The City Ground club's owner Evangelos Marinakis also pursued the officials all the way to the referee's office.

Forest referee analyst Mark Clattenburg, who officiated in the Premier League for 13 years between 2004 and 2017, criticised Tierney's decision.

"When [the ball was] given to the keeper, with Liverpool scoring afterwards, you can see why [Forest] are aggrieved," said Clattenburg.

"I haven't spoken to the referee - I'll leave that to the club. I went to go into the referee's dressing room [after the game] but he wouldn't allow it."

BBC Sport

I wish they had never introduced VAR its made the game worse for me not better, shirt pulling in the penalty area and diving are still rife it's way too inconsistent.

A huge game today for both teams, with only one win at Anfield i would happily take a draw before kick-off.

1710081561592.png

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool have Mohamed Salah available again after he returned from a hamstring issue in midweek.

Ibrahima Konate and Joe Gomez will be assessed after both came off hurt against Sparta Prague on Thursday.
Manchester City will check on the fitness of Jeremy Doku and Matheus Nunes, the latter suffering a dislocated finger in their midweek win.

Phil Foden should recover from a dead leg sustained against Manchester United but Jack Grealish remains out.

MATCH FACTS

(BBC Sport)

Head-to-head

• Liverpool have lost only one of their past 20 meetings with Manchester City at Anfield (W13, D6).
  • However, the Reds' solitary victory in their past eight matches against City was by 1-0 in this fixture last season.
  • Only two of the past 30 Premier League encounters has been won by the away side.
Liverpool

• Liverpool's 20 wins in the Premier League so far this campaign has equalled their tally from the whole of last season.
  • The Reds have won eight of their last nine league games, the exception a 3-1 loss at Arsenal on 4 February.
  • Jurgen Klopp's side have gained an unrivalled 22 points from losing positions so far this season, one more than Manchester City.
  • Liverpool's 10 Premier League goals scored in the 90th minute or later in 2023-24 is their joint-most in a season.
  • Substitutes have been involved in 22 Premier League goals for Liverpool this season, scoring 11 and assisting 11.
  • Darwin Nunez has eight goals and three assists in his past 10 appearances in all competitions.
  • Mohamed Salah has 11 goals and seven assists in his last 19 games against Manchester City.
  • Luis Diaz has scored in each of Liverpool's last three home league matches and is unbeaten in all 29 of his Premier League appearances at Anfield.
Manchester City

• Manchester City are aiming to win 10 away matches in a row in all competitions for the third time under Pep Guardiola.
  • They are unbeaten in their last 12 league games, winning 10 and drawing twice.
  • City are looking to keep consecutive league away clean sheets for the first time since a run of five in 2022.
  • Phil Foden's 18 goal involvements in the league so far this season is his best return in a single campaign.
  • Foden's tally of 18 goals in all competitions is also a career best in a season.
  • Erling Haaland has gone three Premier League away games without a goal.
  • Rodri is unbeaten in his last 60 appearances for Manchester City, a run stretching over a year since a 1-0 defeat by Tottenham in February 2023.

I wish they had never introduced VAR its made the game worse for me not better, shirt pulling in the penalty area and diving are still rife it's way too inconsistent.
There was one yesterday in the Arsenal game, shirt pulling in the box gunners player went down var concluded it wasn't a hard enough pull to bring him down, so should he have not been booked for simulation

Latest posts

Back