Forum meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When's best for you for the meet up

• 15th Nov

• 29th Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.
BrewStew said:
last night was a bit of a disaster for me as i got a crackin migraine about an hour in to the meetup and had to go lie down in the back of Mrs Wez's car!

:lol: and I thought she was right here with me :lol:

oh sorry mate

i keep doing that, getting you and vossy mixed up :oops:

i mean mrs VOSSY's car :oops:

:rofl:

Pahhh migraine :lol: and you let that get in the way of drinking :nono:
Tell the truth you were ****** after 3 shandys :rofl:

:lol:

didnt have enough to drink to get a hangover... not that i get them from ales anyway :?

Tell you the truth, Stew is a bit of a southern softie really :D . . . didn't finish a lot of his beers as they were 'too hoppy' for him . . . or had a funny aftertaste . . . . ;)

I would just like to say that it was a pleasure to meet all of you, and to thank Vossy and Mrs Vossy for their hospitality It was a shame to leave so early but the train I did catch finally got me home just after midnight.

Still not got the taste of Vossys 'special' bottle of Oatmeal stout out of my mouth either :sick:

:lol:

Great night guys :thumb: my head has stopped hurting now :lol:
Glad you're feeling better BS - migraines are nasty :evil:

It was nice to put a few more faces to names.
My favourite beer of the night was the Bushy's (Isle of Man) Helmsman bitter :cheers:

Most thanks go to Mrs V1 for giving me a lift home :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumb:

It was great to see you all last night :cool:
The NCBA meet was great too, lovely pub...smashing liver onions and mash...hmmm
Thanks for all the great advice Aleman. I smelt that 'special' bottle this afternoon.... foul :sick:

Aleman said:
...a bit of a southern softie really :D . . . didn't finish a lot of his beers as they were 'too hoppy' for him . . .

:nono:

Hang on, hang on! Us soft southerners are the hop heads of the country! I think you'll find we love growing, brewing and supping hops nearly as much as you rock hard northerners love those little placcy beer pump showerheads which rip all the hop taste back out again... :party:

My head still hurts.

Nice to meet you all anyway. And guess who left his corny posts on the train :oops:

Sounds like you guys had a good time. So wish i could have been there to meet you all. And hand out a few of my beers to show you all what a real beer should be like-sweet, cloudy and without any head. :rofl:

Sounds like BS is a bit of a poofy shandy drinker by all accounts... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially as Migrane's are bought on by being all poofy and lightweight anyway

Troll, troll, troll, troll...

Hang on, hang on! Us soft southerners are the hop heads of the country! I think you'll find we love growing, brewing and supping hops nearly as much as you rock hard northerners love those little placcy beer pump showerheads which rip all the hop taste back out again...

They don't use them in real...real ale pubs, not the one we were in anyway :party:
Stew really likes his malty ales and there weren't too many on tap but that's the luck of the draw.
I ordered a IPA, Stew ordered the bar mans recommended malty brew...we swapped and were happy :shock: :roll: :lol:

And guess who left his corny posts on the train

Not good jb :(

jamesb said:
Vossy1 said:
And guess who left his corny posts on the train
Not good jb :(

I'll live. S'only 11 quid's worth.

I blame the ticket bloke for waking me up in Chester and telling me to get off his "f%(*%" train.

Perfect excuse for a drunken idiot fight i'd say. 'Hey you bugger you've nicked my corny posts! F8ck your lousy train' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vossy1 said:
Stew really likes his malty ales and there weren't too many on tap but that's the luck of the draw

aye, i do like beer that has a flavour other than hops :lol:

haha i just had a recollection... who was it that spotted all the empty kegs, and suggested (jokingly) pinching one, just as the bar maid was walking past us!!! :shock: :lol:

BrewStew said:
who was it that spotted all the empty kegs, and suggested (jokingly) pinching one, just as the bar maid was walking past us!!! :shock: :lol:
I have absolutely no recollection of that event at all :whistle:

I'm surprised that Stew found the beers too hoppy. Have you all become americanised?????????????????????????????????????/
Shame on you. Didn't you take some big kenny Wez? If not then you should have.

What were the beers available? I'm very envious of this meet. I'd have loved to meet you and drunk BS under the table. Which seems like 2 pints of shandy would have done the trick. :lol:

wez didnt go mate :(

you wouldn't have even needed two pints that night... IIRC a glass of water knocked me down :D

Latest posts

Back