Forum meet up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When's best for you for the meet up

• 15th Nov

• 29th Nov

Results are only viewable after voting.
Vossy,I don't know what's happening with the meet now

Neither do I :roll:

Can anyone still make it?
There were only 3 votes for the 29th excluduing mine, and that I'm aware, 2 have confirmed they wont be able to go :cry:

EB and Aleman are you still able to go and will you be going to the NCBA meet beforehand?
I know Ratale and Ryan are still going, but they didn't vote to my knowledge.

Vossy1 said:
EB and Aleman are you still able to go and will you be going to the NCBA meet beforehand?
I know Ratale and Ryan are still going, but they didn't vote to my knowledge.

Still planning on going to Stockport - have not decided on NCBA yet but am tempted...

I didn't vote as I didn't want to sway anything as I could make any weekend in November.

My calendar is clear for the 29th . . . all day ish . . . so I was thinking of going to the NCBA meet for a bit and then heading off to Stockport . . . need to work out train times though to see what sort of drinking gaps I'll have to endure ;)

What time are people thinking of getting to the Crown?

I'd like to go to the NCBA meet. I tend to work nearly every Saturday so their meets have been really hard for me to get to :cry:

Meeting in the crown for say 7.30-8pm sound good.
Once I have an idea of numbers I'll get them to put a room away for us like last time :thumb:

just thinking ahead...

what's the chance of making the meet up Bi-annual, and have one down sarf... and one up t' north? so that everyone has chance to attend?

12:00 at the Station Buffet Bar (Stalybridge) . . . . Normally wraps up about 5:00ish . . . and then descends into a glorified pub crawl :D . . . . . That is when I usually take my leave, but this time I'll jump on the train to stockport

Pie and peas will be available for those of us that need it. I'll be bringing a dozen bottles of my ordinary bitter, and a dozen bottles of forum brew (But these are reserved for THBF members ;) )

I believe that there is going to be a tasting session of DP Edinburgh Strong Ale which was brewed last year . . . . The idea being that they continue tasting this over several years to see how things change with time.

I was in two minds about attending, but have decided to as I want to propose that NCBA step up and organise a Northern Counties Competition this year. . . . .

Just how many forum members are likely to be attending?

I'm only asking as I would like to bring a few bottles along to pass on for comments. . . .

If anyone is going to be passing Wez's would they be willing to take him a couple of bottles?

Aleman said:
If anyone is going to be passing Wez's would they be willing to take him a couple of bottles?

i'll be passing Wez's on my way back... gotta drop a couple of bits his way anyway.. so feel free to chuck it in the boot of my car :thumb:

Aleman said:

Errr - I think Wez is going to be there unless his plans have changed...

I'm in two minds about going to the NCBA meet (presumably they allow non members?) :wha: - Say it finishes at 5 ish. If the forum meetup starts at 8 ish then that would mean me sitting in the Crown for quite a long time...
a) I would get very merry :drunk:
b) I can't afford to spend that much on beer :cry:

Decisions decisions :hmm:

Wish i could come along. :( It'd be great to meet up with you guys. :cool:

Hope a few of you write up a good report of the day. :thumb:

I must admit that I would prefer it if the meet started in the crown a little earlier (say 7:00 ish) as the train times back to Blackpool are blooming awkward . . . in fact the trains from stalybridge to Stockport are not particularly good so it may not be all that long sat on my tod anyway . . . . . I'll be the one in the black UK Homebrew Flocculation 2008 T Shirt ;)

Northern CBA do allow non members

Aleman said:
I must admit that I would prefer it if the meet started in the crown a little earlier (say 7:00 ish)

7pm would suit me better too :thumb:
Anyone else prever meeting earlier :hmm: - there are 14 real ales to try remember :party:

The NCBA allow non-members? Hmmm. Sounds like a good excuse to go to the buffet bar.

Anyone know if they do a day ticket around Manchester way, sort of like the save-away around Liverpool?

jamesb said:
Anyone know if they do a day ticket around Manchester way, sort of like the save-away around Liverpool?

Yes they do. Around a fiver for all forms of transport.

And I think I'll get the 23:26 back to Chester from Stockport, saves money on a B&B.

BrewStew said:
just thinking ahead...

what's the chance of making the meet up Bi-annual, and have one down sarf... and one up t' north? so that everyone has chance to attend?

How far north were you thinking Stew :whistle: :P

Latest posts

Back