Founders KBS clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phildo79

Reaction score
So I have been planning on doing this for some time now. If I do it soon, it will be ready for my birthday. Good enough reason as any. My question is this, the recipe I have for 19L calls for toasted French oak chips to be soaked in 237ml of bourbon for two day and then added to the secondary. Now, you can buy bourbon oak chips so would these do instead of having to buy a bottle of bourbon? Throwing in that extra 237ml of bourbon would up the ABV a bit closer to the original 12% but not sure how much closer (current recipe builder calculates 10.4% without bourbon).

Has anyone brewed a clone of this beer before? And if so, what approach did you take and how did it turn out?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Cheers

Was in Sainsbury's the other day and seen a bottle of buffalo trace down to £18 so thought f**k it. Ordered the toasted French oak chips. I calculate it will give me an extra 0.5% abv so it will be approx. 11% when ready. 33 pints of that should last me a while.

Latest posts

Back