GEB Recipe Builder Prices

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
Has anyone looked into whether these recipe kits cost the same as buying the ingredients? As in, if I were to buy the grains and hops myself compared to selecting the specific amount?

TIA

Just did a quick check myself. 25kg of Europils malt will cost ~£33 in the recipe builder and £26 if I buy the sack from the base grains.

I think the builder uses the 500g and 1kg prices ...and rather upsettingly they just put their grain prices up by +20% :-(

Any business will charge more for extra effort, as it costs more to do. You won't get sack prices, when they are fiddling with small amounts.

Any business will charge more for extra effort, as it costs more to do. You won't get sack prices, when they are fiddling with small amounts.

Yeah I thought as much. I'm moving from a house with plenty of storage space to a flat with less storage space, so I'm looking at ways of saving space. I was thinking of not buying sacks of malt anymore and just going for recipe kits, but wondering how much more expensive that will be.

I use their byo recipe kits now, never have any leftover grains to store or hops in the freezer, well I won't have once I've used up my last hops this summer :laugh8: plus no weighing out or faffing around milling, open the sack and pour it in the mash, it's worth a few quid more to me, although I did buy 5 brews to save postage. Can be stored under a bed in the spare room.

Latest posts

Back