Get Er Brewed BIAB All Grain Starter Kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can use jubilee clips to connect your hoses to the wort chiller or use some hozelock style connectors which would allow you to whip the hozes off for easy cleaning of the wort chiller without dragging hoses through the house.

I used blingy hoselock connectors but if doing again would use all B&Q cheap blue parts - can be done for £12 including the brass 10mm x 15mm couplers from B&Q (excludes the hose which I had lying around anyway).

My post on page 4 of this thread shows the hozelock route, this assumes the wort chiller uses 9.5mm or 10mm copper pipe:
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55772&page=4

Is it GEB or HBC who are out of stock on Wort Chillers at the moment ?

If you a haven;t already ordered maybe worth checking with the other company if you want one delivered sooner.

Is it GEB or HBC who are out of stock on Wort Chillers at the moment ?

If you a haven;t already ordered maybe worth checking with the other company if you want one delivered sooner.

It's GEB. Already ordered. Not too bothered about the delay, off on holiday soon so won't be brewing until I get home.

Do the connectors you talk about require any welding or do they just slip on?

It's GEB. Already ordered. Not too bothered about the delay, off on holiday soon so won't be brewing until I get home.

Do the connectors you talk about require any welding or do they just slip on?

The brass couplers use compression olives, you tighten the nut which compresses the olive over the pipe and forms a good, tight seal. Not hard to do but if you haven't touched a plumbing compression joint before and aren;t very handy may take a bit of getting right.

All delivered and looking forward to getting my first AG brew on next week. A substantial amount of grains came with this, way more that i expected!

As a previous poster somewhere mentioned, i'll probably need to sort something to prop the false bottom up so it's not just resting on the element. Plus some sort of sturdy strainer for draining the bag - any ideas?

@MrBarrySir - I rigged up a bit of rope through an eyebolt in one of the rafters in my garage. This acts as a rudimentary hoist enabling you to lift the bag out of the boiler and allow it drain.

I also managed to get some large oil buckets from my local restaurant (bit like large mango chutney buckets from local Indian takeaway :wink:) which I cleaned out. I use these to dunk sparge. So having the bag up on the hoist and tied off allows me to swap the buckets quite easily.

Wow been a few comments on here, I agree that it might be a good idea to get something to prop up the false bottom, it didn't seem to make contact with the element but the angle it ended up sitting at left a fair gap around the edge.

I put some photo's of my (rather hectic set-up) in another post here.

I had the same problem with my Peco and false bottom,so I now position 2 SS eggcups upside down on the base of the boiler.If the element is at 12 oclock,the eggcups are at 8 and 4.Definitely helps but they move all over the place during the boil,so I`m going to try and get something that attaches to the false bottom and can`t move about.

Marine grade stainless steel bolts and nuts? Drill 3 holes, put a nut on each of the bolts, put them through the false bottom, secure with 3 more nuts? Just thinking out loud!

Marine grade stainless steel bolts and nuts? Drill 3 holes, put a nut on each of the bolts, put them through the false bottom, secure with 3 more nuts? Just thinking out loud!

304 or A2 stainless would be fine no need for 316/a4

what exactly do people need? i am sure i could knock up bases, only limitation might be material costs

Latest posts

Back