Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shouldn't be wasted.

If it doesn't carb due to faulty seal you can re-prime with a little sugar and re-seal. Have read of others removing the seal and popping in hot water for 10 mins to re-set the seal into its original shape before using it again.

Or you could add some sugar to the beer in the keg to 'bulk prime', stire gently then using a syphon tube and bottling wand transfer to bottles if getting a decent seal with the keg proves difficult.

Should be no harm done but clearly you want your beer carbing and conditioning so you can think about drinking it some time soon !

Good luck with it.

It can take longer than a week. Think I'd give it another week and see then.

Will do. Put 100g of caster sugar in. Maybe not enough not sure. Have always used the bags of sugar from HBS. See what happens. Will drop you a bottle round.

100g is fine. It's either taking a bit longer or leaking slightly I reckon. Just wait and see I think.

Maybe post a new thread about keg leaks. I think some people use Vaseline to help seal the cap.

Taken from the same page, used EKG leaf and Styrian pellets. Had a taste from trial jar and it had a lovely twang!
What was your SG? Mine was a bit low but I think that was my fault - sparge was quite quick.....

Used all leaf in mine. Did the extract version of it. Still quite young in the keg but tasting good now. I did 4 bottles of it to to try. Had them last weekend with a mate to try. He was well impressed.

Latest posts

Back