Graham Wheeler TT Landord

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a sample of mine tonight to check OG, down to 1010. The smell from the FV was fantastic. It's only my second AG and I won't be going back to kits too often. Taste was lovely and my other half loved it. Going to leave it for another week or so but I've ordered a basic BIAB starter kit from The Homebrew Company (and a cornelius keg) on the strength of it. Thanks mainly go to Clibit for showing just how simple AG can be. Very happy camper. :razz:

Lookin forward to tasting your Simcoe ale Bungle!

Btw, one of my two 1469 ales seems to have that yeast flavour.

No particular yeastiness from the flavour of my brew from the 1469 but the krausen is fairly floaty now it is beginning to break up. May have to put a straining bag on the syphon if it doesn't settle.

Yeast flavour it seems has developed over time. It's no bad thing I hasten to add its a very nice drink! How I've abstained so long is a miracle. But want my mates to have some this weekend to see what they think as they have been sceptical of home brew. I think the two kegs I have though should shut them up. We will see.

I've converted one. With a bottle of the landlord I had. Think it's the lack of fizz in ales/bitters from pumps in pubs he actually doesn't like not the flavours.

Latest posts

Back