Greetings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dracunculus

Reaction score
Hi

I'm pretty new to homebrew but with times being hard I'm resenting most of what I pay for a bottle of wine going to HM Government and I figure I can do just as well myself.

I'm starting off on kits just to get my hand in. Bought a WineWorks starter set and just made some Pino Grigo (which is clearing now - should be ready to bottle tomorrow!) and I have a Merlot from the same people bubbling away.

Hopefully I'll wean myself off the kits soon and maybe brew some beer for the summer and cider (I have 5 apple trees) in the autumn.

Please forgive any stupid questions from teh n00b! :oops:

hi and welcome , if you was thinking of drinking those beers in the summer then now/soon is the time to brew as with most things in life 'it takes time' to become a good drink so brewing now/soon then leaving brew alone to condition will pay off big time :cheers:

Welcome to the forum :cheers: For an easy white wine, and cheap take a look at the WOW recipe and varients. Moley has done a very good pictorial How To on this forum and it comes out at about 40p a bottle or less depending on your quantity. Have a look here for the original recipe.

Welcome Drac,

DO make use of your apple trees.

We've got 2 and it was only a few years ago we started to make cider. Half a dozen of us got together and bought a press etc. We add nothing at all, just press the juice and leave it for a few months and then bottle. It's crystal clear and if you bottle early spring when it's still cold you get a lovely gentle sparkle to it as the weather gets warmer.Any Questions PM me.

ATB

RD

Welcome to the forum...
tiphat.gif

Latest posts

Back