Greetings!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierGut

Reaction score
Greetings from a new member who has much enjoyed discovering these forums and reading through parts of them over the last couple of days!

I started home-brewing around 20 years ago - with encouragement from a friend - and still remember the excitement of buying and brewing my first beer kit (from Boots The Chemist). I started making country wines at the same time too. My beer-making followed the usual progression from beer kit to malt-extract brewing, and then to all grain brewing, and I much enjoyed the hobby - reading, experimenting, learning all I could, and producing some great brews along the way.

Unfortunately, my waistline got larger and larger, and I eventually needed to diet. So beer and wine were among the first things to go, and I gave up the hobby a few years ago, and subsequently lost the beer gut. However, with the benefit of the wisdom (or otherwise!) of advancing years, I decided that dieting is overrated, and gave it up. A visit to my local home-brew shop is overdue to stock up on a few essentials (that old opened pack of sodium metabisulphite in the bottom drawer is unlikely to cut the mustard as a sterilizer...)

So that's a bit about me. I'm looking forward to taking part in discussions here and to reading and learning more about our hobby. Please excuse any faux pas made by this forum newby as he gets used to how things work around here!

Cheers! :cheers:

Back