Hamstead homebrew funky bow wow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dowden87

Reaction score
All the kits I've done from hamstead homebrew have included malt extract in plastic white tubs. I've got the funky bow wow, and I noticed the malt extract is in two white pouches. I wonder if it's the same malt extract or different?

Hmmmmm, white pouches? I've never seen the likes, might still be the same but change of packaging. Is the batch number/best by date printed in the same format as the plastic tubs?

Cheers Tom

What's in a name?
At beer festivals I'd avoid beers with names like "Pig Swill", but no problem with "Pale Rider". Similarly, recipes from the little CAMRA recipe book called "Cheesburger Cavalry" and "Drop that Ghetto Blaster" might be very decent beers, but there are more inspiring recipes to choose from. I can't imagine drinking, let alone making, Funky Bow Wow! True, I'm dry hopping a batch of "Vacant Gesture" today, but only because Mosaic is one of my very favourite hops and I'll certainly change the name to something more inspiring.
Anybody else put off by a name?

What's in a name?
At beer festivals I'd avoid beers with names like "Pig Swill", but no problem with "Pale Rider". Similarly, recipes from the little CAMRA recipe book called "Cheesburger Cavalry" and "Drop that Ghetto Blaster" might be very decent beers, but there are more inspiring recipes to choose from. I can't imagine drinking, let alone making, Funky Bow Wow! True, I'm dry hopping a batch of "Vacant Gesture" today, but only because Mosaic is one of my very favourite hops and I'll certainly change the name to something more inspiring.
Anybody else put off by a name?
I know exactly what you mean. I was put off for a while, but tried the cardinals ale and Cornish ale from them which both come out great, so I decided to try some more.

Latest posts

Back