Hello all - new member and first WOW on the go.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys - I've pretty much stopped bubbling to one every 2-3 mins.
Did and OG and at 1.000.
Should I leave for while before racking for 1st time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep taking readings and when it is the same over a two day period you can call it done, if you like a sweeter wine you could stop it now.

So... I've just racked wine. But... two questions.
I've put clear A and B in now after de gassing ! But forgot to stop with stabiliser !
1) Should I add this now or wait 24 hours for clear stuff to work.
2) May be a little too dry. If I want to back sweeten, how much Apple juice would I add (I'm at just under 25 L).

Cheers for your help folks !

If you intend to use juice to sweeten you will have to stabilise, i top up each DJ with half a litre of apple juice so try 2.5 litres in your 25 litre wine.

Shame I didn't stabilise before adding clear as its come up a right lovely rosé colour ! :doh:

So I've just added stabiliser - sneaky taste before and I like , just a tad too dry so will back sweeten a little before bottling.

Just don't know what order to do it ?:thumb:

737fe49df1e1a4b4686e5dfba7273c4a.jpg

I'm bottling tomorrow night so will post bigger picture then but just done a reading and dropped in a sneaky glass.

Looks a lovely colour and tastes great !
Will deffo do this again !

Have to say I was a little sceptical of WOW / juice wines - but genuinely impressed and the Mrs likes it - who is a wine snob!!

Credit to Roddy - as it was his recipe I followed [emoji106][emoji485]

I am actually annoyed at how quick you managed that lol.

I added 5ml A and 5ml B to my 11.4 litres but they are taking about 10 days to clear - wondering if it is all stemming from my using the wrong yeast at the very start. Stabilised both at 1.000.

Will try this recipe tomorrow and see if it is any quicker !

I have no idea mate as this was my first effort (which is probably even more of a killer) but because i messed up with stabiliser I did end up putting two lots of Kwik Clear in.
I used Wilko Express wine yeast compound .

Perhaps that explains it. The only one I have clearing properly is the one I added 2 lots of Kwik Clear to (racked in between). The others will clear eventually but 6 weeks in and no end in sight. Have my eye on 2 of Roddy's recipes now so going to get busy tomorrow ;-)

20160925_164458_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back