Hello from Kent

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F0RM4T

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Paul from Kent.
I've been a member for a while but never posted.

I started brewing last year with an elderflower champagne on father's day 2013, I have a magnum of that left which I'm waiting until father's day this year to open, it seems to get better with age for sure. I'll be making a larger batch this year with a mind not to touch it until next year.

I've had some great successes and a couple of fails.

Finished in order:
  • Coopers Mexican Cervasa Drunk too soon, but nice none the less.
  • Wilko Merlot fair to good
  • Wilko Chardonnay 1 gallon (Big can) they don't do them anymore, just the small can very good IMO!
  • Muntons Sauvignon Blanc 23L. FAIL. Now eight months old and still has a sulphur nose.
  • Californian Connoisseur Malbec 23L Excellent, aged well and produced a fantastic wine.
  • Cooper Velvet stout with a chocolate malt grain addition Excellent! Surprised myself with this!
  • Coopers European Larger. Fail (massive sulphur nose) then Excellent! After seven months in the bottle this is a Stella clone! Wow!

Currently brewing:
  • Cal Con Barolo 23L, bottled & ageing
  • Cal Con Malbec 23L, secondary
  • Coopers Velvet stout with Chocolate Malt grain addition, bottled and aging.
  • Woodfordes Wherry with a Cascade dry hop addition. Currently in secondary.

A real local grape (Meopham Valley Vinyard) Pinot Noir Blanc. I'll be starting a thread on this as I don't know what to do with it. Finished wine is a little acidic and want some inspirational ideas.

To brew:
  • Cal Con Colombard 23L
  • Tom Cuxton Real Ale with a hop addition
  • Winter Warmer. Don't recall the brand.

THANKS to everyone for the indirect advice I've received over the months from this forum.

I've now bought a rather large wine rack that I am trying to fill.

The key message I've learnt is, brew clean, thorough and be "Patient”.

Hi All,

The key message I've learnt is, brew clean, thorough and be "Patient”.

Welcome to the forum,

In the past I've always wondered whether I've too fussy on cleanliness, but maybe there isn't such a thing?
I've watched friends brew and their cleaning leaves a lot to be desired and am always surprised how good their beer tastes, perhaps most of it doesn't see the light.

Patience is one thing I think most brewers struggle with, I know I do.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back