Help, building a boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncs

Landlord.
Reaction score
I need some help, I have ordered a 19 litre pot (the most my cooker can handle boiling is 15 litres) and I want to put a tap and hop strainer on it. I think I can get the tap and hop strainer easily enough from Screwfix

Tap - http://www.screwfix.com/p/15mm-lever-ball-valve/67744
Hop Filter (just need to drill holes) - http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-copper-plumbing-stick-15mm-x-x-300mm/22180

I just need to know what to get to join these two pieces together through the hole I will drill through the pot.

Am I on the right track? Has anyone got a link to the part I need?

get one of Vossys stainless tank connectors and a female tap. the connector fixes to the pot the tap screws on the outside the bendy thing on inside job done :thumb:

You might be better using one of these:
Flexible Hose 15mm x 15mm 10mm bore 500mm or 900mm
ae235

Just take the rubber hose out from the middle and use a length of 2.5mm copper cable coiled inside to retain the shape. Join the ends with compression fittings or pipe clamps. Saves all that drilling.

bobsbeer said:
You might be better using one of these:
Flexible Hose 15mm x 15mm 10mm bore 500mm or 900mm
ae235

Just take the rubber hose out from the middle and use a length of 2.5mm copper cable coiled inside to retain the shape. Join the ends with compression fittings or pipe clamps. Saves all that drilling.

how do you get to the rubber hose to get it out? (isn't the ends crimped on?)

ae235

i thought i saw a version of this but they used the compression ends that where already on it
hence why i couldnt work out how they got the center pvc/rubber tube out of it

i got a tap assembly made up it has a piece of copper pipe coming out of it with a 90 bend and that is attached to a equal tee where i was going to attach the item above using the compression ends

the other way i was going to attempt to make a filter was to bend some 15mm copper pipe into a circle with the two ends in the equal t thats attached to the tap assembly

I use the flexible tap connector with inner removed, works like a charm and does not need reinforcing inside either. I connected mine to a tee piece with stainless jubilee clips but I think it can be attached using the compression fittings from the tee piece.

cut each end off push inner out then like this ie my boiler :thumb:
3 15mm bits pushed in the t piece tool station tank connector job done :thumb:

boiler1.jpg

Back