Hi All

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euro

Reaction score
Just a quick introduction..

Been brewing can brews for just over a year and have now switched over to Ale 2 can kits:thumb:

Got 2 Woodfordes on the go at the moment..

Sun & Nog.. "I will be putting both these in to plastic kegs..

Be interesting to see how these turn out..

I read somewhere in the forums that someone used "Golden syrup" instead of sugar, for the second ferm..Is is it worth a try? as he never said how it turned out:lol:

Im sure I will have a few more questions but usually use the search bar first to see if it has already been covered

Hello and welcome!

Not tried a Woodfordes yet myself, but have a Wherry in the cupboard ready to go on in the Christmas hols.

Can't advise on the golden syrup I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will be along shortly :)

Welcome!

You can't go to far wrong with the Woodfordes kits (barring the stuck fermentation issues), I've made both of them at some time or another, both nice.

Not sure I'd use Golden Syrup for priming assuming that's what you mean, just normal or brewing sugar. I have heard of it being used as a primary ingredient in beers and ciders, it's really just liquid sugar at the end of the day. I'm going to try black treacle in a stout sometime soon.

I added medium dried malt extract to a Sundew I made (100gms) and used the same to prime for carbonation instead of sugar. I thought it improved it, but then I like full bodied beer. I added DME, black treacle and dark chocolate to a Nog I made, all good, except, not enough chocolate. I've never used golden syrup for anything. As was previously said, it adds ABV but probably not much else. Good luck with whatever you decide and come back and tell us what happens.

Back