Hoddy vs. dan125 brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When i tasted the starter it was very fruity. Would of thought it was highly hopped. Blew me away really as its either from lager wort or spraymalt, cant remember. If i brew anything really good i will send some bottles out, cheers for the yeast. :hat:

So judging is complete.

I did a blind test. Both beers were lovely with no particular faults. I found one of the beers had a better blend of hops which complimented the yeast.

Thanks once again both

Aroma slightly floral with pine and spice coming through in the background. Slight aroma of the yeast and getting some back notes from the malt. 9/12 Appearance Slightly hazy big white head. Spot on. 3/3 Flavour Soft floral flavour with a slice after taste. This is more prominent as it warms on the tongue. I get oat type flavour, I guess this one had an oat addition. No yeast flavours that I have picked up in my own beer. 15/20 Mouthfeel Smooth and soft. Really nice. No astringency but could be slightly more carbed for my taste. 4/5 Overall Very very soft and smooth, a very enjoyable session ale. Makes a nice change from the citrus beers I have been drinking a lot of 8/10 Final score 39/50

Beer 2 Aroma Stone fruits and citrus but not over powering 9/12 Appearance As beer 1. Both spot on 3/3 Mouthfeel More carbed Slightly bitter on the tongue but not too over powering 4/5 Flavour Initial flavour is mint and herbal. Followed by citrus and pear. Not sure if this is the yeast coming through or the hops. Slight alcohol heat as the beer warmed. 16/20 Overall Lovely beer. I think the extra bitterness brought some of the flavours forward in the mouth. Great balance between the hops and yeast. 8/10 40/50

acheers.
Cheers Leon and a well deserved win for @Hoddy :hat:
Was fascinating to compare the similarities and differences side by side.

19F3DFD5-7ABB-4885-9CA4-F6F5F3087C44.jpeg

A good beer @dan125 thanks for the swap/comp. might have a think about another one so you can win one back.

Back