Home Brew Competition - February 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty hung over today. After we did all the tastings, we carried on drinking for several more hours. But don't fear, I was in a good state when I made notes on everyone's entry. So, the winners are:

First place: @strange-steve
Second place: @Leon103
Third Place: @JFB

Well done guys, really good beers. I'll be sending individual feedback to everyone shortly.

Now to move on to March's competition.

Thanks pal.

Looking forward to the feedback. Well done to everyone who took part.

I will put the recipe up when I jump on the computer

Well done @strange-steve and @Leon103 :thumb:
I was happy with the taste and aroma of my beer but sure I muffed up the carb levels.

Well done -

First place: @strange-steve

Second place: @Leon103

Third Place: @JFB

Thanks @jceg316 for organising and judging. :thumb:

All feedback has been sent. Am looking forward to seeing those recipes.

Just realised I copied a typing error into everyone's feedback, forgot to add overall impression score and add it to your final score. So everyone actually has a slightly higher score than I originally said. Please note this doesn't change the ranking. Just an error when typing the notes from my notes to the PC, forgot to include overall impression :S.

Thanks for the feedback @jceg316 :thumb: all noted down in my little blue book.
The double ipa is a tough beer to brew, all the feed back you get from the HBF comps really help in my ever increasing mission to brew great beer..

No worries, thanks for the beer! Do PM me back if you want your full score and I'll reply with it. I forgot to add in Overall Impression score.

Attached is my recipe.

You will notice a lot of apollo, mine were a couple of years old and I knew the AA would have dropped so alter slightly.

I also added a small hop tea 5g each of citra and cascade.

Judge stated it was a bit thin. I might have added 100g of oats

IMG_4078.PNG

Sorry for the late reply to this, thanks to @jceg316 for judging and for the feedback, it's much appreciated. My entry was my RIPa, the recipe and details of which can be found HERE.

Latest posts

Back