Homebrew Saturday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonnal

Brewster
Reaction score
Another Saturday, another day of all things homebrew. So today I put my Evil Dog into minikegs and bottles. It's been in the FV for 3 weeks, has had hop tea bag additions and has cleared relatively well - tastes like rocket fuel at the moment, very hoppy rocket fuel. It came out at 7.6% even though I brewed it long at 25 litres.
After cleaning the bottling bucket and resanitising everything I then put the Golden Stag on. I'm doing this as per instructions with no additions as everyone seems to rave about it in standard form so I've decided not to mess with it this time. Finally I added some Saaz pellets to my Czech Pilsner as it seems to be nearing the end of fermentation.

The Ruby red which was my first brew seems to be conditioning well. After 2 weeks in the warm and a week in the garage it's cleared well and tastes pretty good, although there is still a bit of a twang which I'm hoping will disappear over the coming weeks. I'm trying to be a good girl and leave it alone to improve and instead am trying lots of different beers in order to find out what I like and don't like. (Mild is definitely off the list of things I'm going to brew!). :nah:

I tried a bottle of the St Peters mild. It tasted like medicine and went down the sink....this is a first. Suggestions of nice shop bought mild to try gratefully received.:drunk:

The best rated are brewed by Dark Star, Buxton and Partizan, if you can find them. I have had great beers from all three breweries, but no bottled milds, though they do all sell milds in bottles.

Back