Hop Help Please !

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becklee

Reaction score
I am new to brewing (done 2 so far) and not yet ventured into adding hops and trying different sugars. I have just bought a Better Brew Czech lager and seen that people add Saaz hops.

Could anyone please tell me when you added them, how much you used and how long you soaked them for. I have bought the 2.1 Kilos 40pint/23L kit.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you, looking forward to discovering a lot more about brewing.

I am a Lager drinker and any Brews you have made or advice you can pass on would be great.

I added a saaz hop teabag to a pan with a litre of water and brought to the boil and simmered for about 10mins. Let it cool before chucking the lot in my fv a couple of days before bottling. Only hopped once but have three other types to experiment with soon. Just put on a Young's harvest pilsner which I will be adding a halleurta hop tea to before bottling.
Don't know if this helps.

Great, all help very much appreciated. I will let you all know how it goes. Got a Coopers Canadian in the FV at the moment but as soon as that comes out I will be starting the Better Brew Czech

I am very tempted. I am going to my local LHBS tomorrow and will see what they have. Will report back ...

Guess it depends how much of a hop head you are, but by far the best (for my taste) was a combination of hop tea and dry hopping with a Coopers kit: 30g Hallertau in about 4L of water below 80C for 30mins, used this to make up the brew, then a further 15g Hallertau dry hop after the initial ferment had died down.

Latest posts

Back