Hops from Get 'er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my order last night + I got a call from them this morning as I had inadvertently asked for one grain whole, but the rest crushed.

Really impressed with the customer service quality!

Martin

I like Geterbrewed. Never had any issue and have made about five orders. I got a huge box delivered at the end of last week. Couldn't believe that all that stuff was transported from Ireland for a fiver. 25kg weyermann's pale malt, a stack of hops and yeast and other bits. Cost just about £70 all up.

Mind - most of the bill went on hops, so I am really hoping my new First Gold roots that I bought from Willingham Nurseries do well and produce bumper harvests in two years time. I'll cut my materials spending in half if so.

Just taken delivery! Ordered 10.40pm Monday night....got the stuff Thursday 10.30am....that's really good.

All grain + hops well packed and labelled. I ordered an additional FV, and they had run out of 25 Lt ones, so rang me and substituted 27L product. Happy with this.

My very first liquid yeast Wyeast Belguim Ale, came insulated with a cool pack attached. Great.

My only comment would be that the Wyeast is very much towards the end of it's shelf life - Date of Manufacturing 18th August 2015, giving me until 18th February for the 6 month guaranteed life (4 weeks).

Looking forward to getting brewing!

Martin

Just taken delivery! Ordered 10.40pm Monday night....got the stuff Thursday 10.30am....that's really good.

All grain + hops well packed and labelled. I ordered an additional FV, and they had run out of 25 Lt ones, so rang me and substituted 27L product. Happy with this.

My very first liquid yeast Wyeast Belguim Ale, came insulated with a cool pack attached. Great.

My only comment would be that the Wyeast is very much towards the end of it's shelf life - Date of Manufacturing 18th August 2015, giving me until 18th February for the 6 month guaranteed life (4 weeks).

Looking forward to getting brewing!

Martin

You going to make a starter? I probably would.. even if on a smaller batch

Parcel arrived yesterday with prize hops included! :thumb: I assume that Geterbrewed want the reviews done on their website for the specific products?

Parcel arrived yesterday with prize hops included! :thumb: I assume that Geterbrewed want the reviews done on their website for the specific products?

Yea, do we review here or on their site? No problem either way. I'm waiting to bottle something then next weekend I will be brewing with the prize hops.

Still undecided what to brew though.

I've started ordering my ingredients from get er brewed because if I order enough for two brews worth of grain it's about the same price as my LHBS (including p&p). So I don't know wether my LHBS is expensive or get er brewed is cheap but it means I have a larger variety of grains to choose from and I don't have to walk down to Bermondsey with my trolley. I also like the fact they do them in 250g amounts. I ordered my next two brews worth of grain plus some hops and yeast (notty yeast is even cheaper than wilkos prices at �£1.50 per pack) on sunday eve and it arrived yesterday. Can't fault them. Plus we get 5% off for being forum members.

If you can, yes please. I believe each and every product has its own review box.

It does yes. Not a problem for me. I will of course upload a brew day analysis on here to. :-) won't be till next weekend though. But it will be reviewed :-)

I ordered a couple of those 50% best before kits. My plan is to use one on Sunday, probably Mexican Ceverza and dry hop half with Styrian Goldings.

I've to bottle 2 brews so half will go onto the trub of one of the brews and the other half on the 2nd. Both brews were using Safale US 05 so should make a good comparison when they are finished.

As the kit is a 40 pint one, I'm wondering how much to dry hop in each barrel? The beer is very hoppy so I'm thinking about 10g?

Any thoughts?

I put on a Canadian Blonde from Geterbrewed 50% sale. The BBF date is 06/16. I also won hops from the Geterbrewed competition and as a condition to the prize I had to write a review when I used them. Well today, I split the Blonde into 2. The first brew I made as directed but the second I made a Hop Tea with 10g Styrian Cardinal 9.2% and put it into my second brew. I pitched it onto the trub from my last brew which was US-05.

I hope I got the hops right as the Blonde is an already hoppy brew. The SG was 1.036 but it will be good to compare a bottle of each and write a review. Hopefully the Cardinal hops will come through.

Have put some reviews on Geterbrewed (awaiting approval) for the hops used so far in my IPA, obviously these are just preliminary based on impression from brew day use but thats all I will be able to say within the 4 week window for now, will update these on tasting day :thumb:

Have put some reviews on Geterbrewed (awaiting approval) for the hops used so far in my IPA, obviously these are just preliminary based on impression from brew day use but thats all I will be able to say within the 4 week window for now, will update these on tasting day :thumb:

Yeah I wasn't quite sure what to do with them yet, do them now after brewing or wait until I had a taste / smell post ferment.

I will say this, they were very pungent out of the packet (in a good way)

Infact this may sound odd, I had to give my pot a second wash down the day after because I could still smell them in there.

Yes I mostly just talked about the aroma out of the packet and how I planned to use them, the Dana was particularly funky I found!

I'm brewing this weekend. Then will do a smaller more hoppier beer the weekend after.

I'm worried as I will do it, but you guys have done yours this weekend and I haven't. I don't want to be 'excluded' from further comps.

As ferment is 2 weeks I assume we have some leeway? I can review brew day, then tasting day of course.

Plus manse has my details ;-) and I like my knees ;-)

Last edited:
If you like your knees that much, I'll have them preserved in aspic for you....

Of course it will be fine mate. What I can't have is people winning, then not reviewing. They will suffer my wrath!!

If you like your knees that much, I'll have them preserved in aspic for you....

Of course it will be fine mate. What I can't have is people winning, then not reviewing. They will suffer my wrath!!

I'm attatched to them, muscular, tendonlier, skeletaly and emotionally ;-)

First review this weekend, second time using the cheap homemade AG system. A bottle will be up for grabs because this site has such good community!

And I'm a nice guy ;-)

Thanks manse and geterbrewed :-)

I too am a little behind but Got mine planned for a fortnights time as got some stuff on the go. That said f00b4r and I are planning 5 separate brews testing 5 hops in the first run so should be able to do some good reviews. We plan to then blend and taste :) Will then do the same with the other 5 so should have some good reviews coming soon. Hope this sounds ok manse?

Latest posts

Back