How often do you brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't saying you was saying it was impossible Ah wur only saying I knew of atleast one that had made a success of it. However having seen all the paper work he has to do I don't think I could be r'sd with it all.
If I was to take that big step I'd first need to find someone that enjoys paperwork and all the bureaucracy involved with it. Even filling in a lottery ticket is too much paperwork for me

To be serious, I've never ran a small business or been self employed but from what I've read and heard from people that do, to get things up and running and to make it a success your have to work 12 or more hours a day with few days off and even less holiday. Doesn't sound much fun to me :(

I seem to go in phases, I'll brew a load in a short period, then not brew for a while as I drink my stocks

I would brew every month if I could get away with it lol. I go through batches. This year I have I have brewed 6 brews and have grain etc for another brew, that should do me for a while. I currently I have 100 bottles to drink. I need to research corny kegs and get myself a couple.

I suppose I should really answer the question rather than posting replies to other peoples posts ;-)

I brew in spurts too, nothing for weeks and then two in the same weekend. I vary in size of batches too - 21 litre, 10 litre and 5 litre Turbo beers. Last weekend I bottled two 21 litre batches and started a new one on the same day. I won't do that again :nah:

I suppose it works out at about 1.5 batches per month.

Are you sure your saying you not saying chippy was saying it was impossible? Just saying ;) :lol:

I was sure I was saying I'm sure I was saying I'm not saying chippy was saying it was impossible, but now I'm not sure as I was mid way through a tasting session and was a bit over-refreshed

I brew about once every 4-5 weeks so pretty much once a month I stagger drink mine so I always have a variety of drinks rather than brew one and empty that
I'm kind of the same, by the time I finish enough bottles the next Brew is done. Although due to space at the moment I only really have 1 Brew at a time so by the end of a run I usually give away bottles to work colleagues or family.

I have done a double batch once with the second being a cider which after a few months has got really nice, makes a nice change having the odd bottle of that instead of beer.

Latest posts

Back