I Think I Might Be Called Into HR Tomorrow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We live in a world of delicate, unique kids these days. If someone starts with verbal abuse he already lost the discussion imho, but I figure that some professions have courser talk than others. A fisherman talks different from a lawyer, as a receptionist talks differently from a prostitute. All professions have their own thing. No clue in what line of work the OP is.. But I know I'd be sacked the next day.

If punching someones lights out for belittling you in front of your fellow workmates was not classed as gross misconduct and a sacking offence i would say the **** in the big hat can speak as he pleases to his staff, unfortunately it isn't and he shouldn't.

RedD why were the police not involved, i cannot believe the lads parents didn't have him prosecuted.

If punching someones lights out for belittling you in front of your fellow workmates was not classed as gross misconduct and a sacking offence i would say the **** in the big hat can speak as he pleases to his staff, unfortunately it isn't and he shouldn't.

RedD why were the police not involved, i cannot believe the lads parents didn't have him prosecuted.

I was quite shocked reading that, and in all honesty I don't know how he could bring himself to do it!

I'm also surprised that the poor lads father didn't wait outside the workplace for him !

I was quite shocked reading that, and in all honesty I don't know how he could bring himself to do it!

I'm also surprised that the poor lads father didn't wait outside the workplace for him !

I would have done the same to him but it would have been his face not his **** that was fried.

You know what, I really don't know why he wasn't nicked. I think I was too shocked to ask.

Has anyone ever died from "Being Offended"? Not to my knowledge.? The world has gone mental.
Governments and the likes decide that it is acceptable ro declare war upon nations that they don't agree with, or have mineral or fuel reserves that they want for themselves, killing innocent people including children, to achieve their objectives. But god forbid you speak to someone at work"the wrong way" and the PC POLICE will come down upon thee like a ton of s#!+!!!!

Directly or indirectly? I'm pretty sure an awful lot of people have committed suicide after "being offended".

Oh well i suppose thats me told. Hang on a moment????? Im offendeded by that comment, wheres my pills...?goodbye cruel world

If you were offended by that then you need to learn English.

So, its been a week now, before Ive replied. This is going to be a long post, but I hope that you take the time to read it.
I will address some issues before I get to the main topic of the OP.
Ive been a Chef for 35 years, including a lot of time in the RN.
I will not tolerate any abusive behaviour in my kitchen, either verbal or physical ( I once sacked a chef for pushing another chef in a aggresive manner)
I will not tolerate racism, sexism, or any other "ism" that you can think of, in my kitchen.

The OP..I was called straight into the GMs office (not H/R,, they are just.....I dont even know what HR actually do) and was asked the question "What did you actually say?" I replied "blah, blah, blah"

GM replied "You cant say that to a employee of the company"...etc..etc..etc

This incident was reported by a third party, not by the commis chef, whos name is Luke. Let me tell you about Luke.

I was first introduced to Luke about 3 1/2 years ago, through a Armed Forces charity. Luke is 29 years old, ex infantry soldier,(married, 2 kids) living i Birmingham.
I was asked if i could find him some stable work. Luke found it quite hard to adjust to life in civvy street.
I took him on as a KP...**** wages, **** job, **** hours.
On his first day of starting he was 20 mins late...rucks up, totally out of breath....."Sorry Im late, got the bus route wrong, just had to run the last 3 miles"
now Im thinking that that is commitment..

When I have got more time I will tell you about Luke and what we have achieved together

Hi John
My opinion is that the "services" requires total commitment/discipline and understanding...too many free loaders out there, who can't cook an egg

I've been in the hospitality industry for 15 years. I've worked as a KP up to HC and am now a GM. I didn't bother commenting before but after your reply it seems you aren't really getting what the issue is. Luke never made the complaint, so your relationship with him isn't what is important. Someone overheard your comment and is obviously offended by it and didn't think they could speak to you about it. Whether or not you intended your words to be hurtful or not isn't the point. The excuse of the kitchen, 'just being that kind of environment' is dying out, thankfully. No one should be made to feel uncomfortable in their work environment, and actually if you've got that much experience in the field you should act as a role model for the next generation.

So, before you judge me...read the above post and the following posts, before posting comments.

Did you honestly expect to post the OP and not get any negative comments, posting "before you judge me...read the above post and the following posts, before posting comments" a week later is a little like closing the gate after the horse has bolted.

I've been in the hospitality industry for 15 years. I've worked as a KP up to HC and am now a GM. I didn't bother commenting before but after your reply it seems you aren't really getting what the issue is. Luke never made the complaint, so your relationship with him isn't what is important. Someone overheard your comment and is obviously offended by it and didn't think they could speak to you about it. Whether or not you intended your words to be hurtful or not isn't the point. The excuse of the kitchen, 'just being that kind of environment' is dying out, thankfully. No one should be made to feel uncomfortable in their work environment, and actually if you've got that much experience in the field you should act as a role model for the next generation.

Are you mental, which bit of the above posts can you not understand, am I wasting my time replying to your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back