I Think I Might Be Called Into HR Tomorrow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, its been a week now, before Ive replied. This is going to be a long post, but I hope that you take the time to read it.
I will address some issues before I get to the main topic of the OP.
Ive been a Chef for 35 years, including a lot of time in the RN.
I will not tolerate any abusive behaviour in my kitchen, either verbal or physical ( I once sacked a chef for pushing another chef in a aggresive manner)
I will not tolerate racism, sexism, or any other "ism" that you can think of, in my kitchen.

The OP..I was called straight into the GMs office (not H/R,, they are just.....I dont even know what HR actually do) and was asked the question "What did you actually say?" I replied "blah, blah, blah"

GM replied "You cant say that to a employee of the company"...etc..etc..etc

This incident was reported by a third party, not by the commis chef, whos name is Luke. Let me tell you about Luke.

I was first introduced to Luke about 3 1/2 years ago, through a Armed Forces charity. Luke is 29 years old, ex infantry soldier,(married, 2 kids) living i Birmingham.
I was asked if i could find him some stable work. Luke found it quite hard to adjust to life in civvy street.
I took him on as a KP...**** wages, **** job, **** hours.
On his first day of starting he was 20 mins late...rucks up, totally out of breath....."Sorry Im late, got the bus route wrong, just had to run the last 3 miles"
now Im thinking that that is commitment..

When I have got more time I will tell you about Luke and what we have achieved together

Sorry its been a long time replying....anywho...
Luke had been working for me as a KP for about 3 months when I noticed that he started to ask me some questions about cooking...."why are you doing that?/what does that do?/how do you do this? etc....All the questions that I expect to be asked by a Commis Chef, not a KP.
I told Luke that I would take him out of the Potwash and teach him how to become a chef...30 hrs a KP, 10 hrs as a Commis, knowing that I would have to pick up the 10hrs in the sink. I put him through his NVQ`s and now he is a very competent Commis Chef.
After my "little chat" with the GM, I told Luke what was said.
10 mins later Luke said to me that he would like to speak with myself and the GM together...These are the exact words that Luke said to the GM..
" Im very upset that you (GM) thought that you had to discipline John, about the way he spoke to me, I ****ed up, I let the brigade down, I let myself down and I let John down. I did not take offence of what he said to me, in fact I thought it was very funny"

This thread is totally embarrassing,

Firstly, self praise is no praise so get over yourself.

Lets get back to Flouride, at least i knew what i was talking about!!!!! LOL

cut johnny some slack chaps,ive met him and hes a good guy,luke it seems is as peeved at the episode as johnny and it all started it seems because of a busy body overhearing the altercation and brownosing it to HR

cut johnny some slack chaps,ive met him and hes a good guy,luke it seems is as peeved at the episode as johnny and it all started it seems because of a busy body overhearing the altercation and brownosing it to HR

Or, under another circumstance it could have been someone stepping in and following the correct protocol to report a bullying of a vulnerable member of staff. There's always two sides to every story. Things can look very different from another perspective. Great that they can put things behind them, but this could also have been a snapshot of something more sinister.

This thread is totally embarrassing,

Firstly, self praise is no praise so get over yourself.

Lets get back to Flouride, at least i knew what i was talking about!!!!! LOL

I have contributed, I have helped some one. I have never asked for anything in return. I have praised myself and my brigade. I will always put my Brigade before myself and meanwhile Russ146, you deem this post"embarrising", no, totally embassising

Russ146..here is some free advice, no charge and you can thank me later...youre welcome...Before you make a post, think about what you are saying. Read all the replies

Russ146. Ive just realized why you are giving me ****...Its because I proved you wrong on a previous post

Proved me wrong? excuse me???

Oh dear

Nothing worse than someone that actually takes them self too seriously

Like beer, maturity comes with age. Get over it and grow up.

There i said it

Good night

I dont, your self seeking attention just gets really boring.

Im having a nice pint of homebrew, its Friday night mate

Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back