Immersion Wort Chillers at cost + p&p

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks OK by me, aethetics are not important, they could be square, oblong or zig zag as long as all of that pipe can touch the wort (which by looking at the picture it will do). What does it cost including fittings?

Looks OK by me, aethetics are not important, they could be square, oblong or zig zag as long as all of that pipe can touch the wort (which by looking at the picture it will do). What does it cost including fittings?

£17 mate! I already had some 15mm pipe, £1.42 a metre for the 10mm (he had an 8 metre length so I had that, and the fittings were less than £2 each.

£17 mate! I already had some 15mm pipe, £1.42 a metre for the 10mm (he had an 8 metre length so I had that, and the fittings were less than £2 each.

17 quid! Cheap at twice the price. Might buy a few off you, MM and flog em in on another forum for 40! :-D

Got it sussed - did the first one by bending it around a corny. Just tried out the lamp post outside my house, absolutely ideal (although you should have seen the looks from people driving by - amazed there were no crashes!) - a 12 year old holding the end of a length of copper pipe with an idiot (me) looking like he's doing some sort of a demented cross between a Morris dance and a Maypole kind of thing....

Got it sussed - did the first one by bending it around a corny. Just tried out the lamp post outside my house, absolutely ideal (although you should have seen the looks from people driving by - amazed there were no crashes!) - a 12 year old holding the end of a length of copper pipe with an idiot (me) looking like he's doing some sort of a demented cross between a Morris dance and a Maypole kind of thing....

We, definately need some piccy's of this :lol:

Im waiting for him to say the Garda turned up,after a call saying theres a strange man and his child stripping the copper cables out of lamp post :rofl:

Who said it was my child? I press-ganged the neighbours boy because mine was too embarrassed!!

Surely a lamp post would be a bit too skinny wouldn't it?

Maybe I misunderstood the method, but I am trying to imagine how he gets the spiral wound chiller off the lamp post after winding it around. Maybe he is very tall and can slip it off the top. :)

By opening up the first coil, passing it around the inside of the post and then unwinding (almost unscrewing if you will) the rest of the coils. I am however looking at getting some construction conduit, or maybe a length of soil pipe, to see how they might work.

By opening up the first coil, passing it around the inside of the post and then unwinding (almost unscrewing if you will) the rest of the coils. I am however looking at getting some construction conduit, or maybe a length of soil pipe, to see how they might work.

You can see why I would have been no good on the Krypton Factor now.

Four inch soil pipe would be easy and cheap. Less embarrassing than being questioned in the street by police too maybe... :)

I tried Manses Wort Chiller today and it worked a treat! Got my brew down to 20° in 20 minutes and I'll shave minutes off that as I didn't have my tap on full blast (silly mistake). It came with fittings but I had to take them off as a standard hose pipe didn't fit. I've PM'ed Manse about this, not sure if he put the fittings on as a gesture. I gave a small donation to his cause.

All in a VERY worthwhile purchase.

msbs7a.jpg

I'm local to Manse, not sure how he could pack or post this BTW.

Cheers mate! As for packing, I've just moved house so I've got more cardboard boxes than Victoria Station on a Friday night. Am getting quotes from a couple of couriers, when they get back to me I'll let you know.

I tried Manses Wort Chiller today and it worked a treat! Got my brew down to 20° in 20 minutes and I'll shave minutes off that as I didn't have my tap on full blast (silly mistake). It came with fittings but I had to take them off as a standard hose pipe didn't fit. I've PM'ed Manse about this, not sure if he put the fittings on as a gesture. I gave a small donation to his cause.

All in a VERY worthwhile purchase.

msbs7a.jpg

I'm local to Manse, not sure how he could pack or post this BTW.

Latest posts

Back