Irish Ale Malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mostly buy the Irish Lager base malt and add other specialty /base malts (like biscuit or munich) if I want a differenct back bone flavour to the beer. Cant fault it. It's really cheap and does the job nicely. Now I have a mill I'm soon to buy a 25kg bag of the stuff

I bought some pale malt to try in a black IPA..

I dont know where I got this from but I think I heard somewhere that they get pretty good efficiency?? (this may be **** by the way)

Yes i have and it's fine.Used it on it's own and mixed it with some M/Otter:thumb:

Looking to get 25kg to run a trial for yeast but looking for good consistency with grain so brew sequence remains the same throughout and that the beer should decent as I'm only using 2.5kg with 0.4kg of wheat.:thumb:

It says it gives the beer a golden amber colour and the picture of the pint glass on the GEB website makes it look red so I was worried it was like that Red x malt. I ordered 1kg of it to make up 16% of my IPA recipe to see because I thought if it was just pale it would be fine and if it was red it was less than 20% of the grain bill so would probably give it a nice glow like adding a touch of crystal.

Latest posts

Back