Is my wine nearly done

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinkupeanut

Reaction score
Hi I'm on my first wine kit and it's gone from 1.80 to 1.10 , is it nearly done? It's been going for 10 days but at 18 degrees as I have no warm place. I have just received an heat belt but not sure weather to just leave it as it is?

I Take it you mean a 1.080- 1.010.
Would depend what strength you are expecting and how dry. That's a bit over 9%.

Hi I'm on my first wine kit and it's gone from 1.80 to 1.10 , is it nearly done? It's been going for 10 days but at 18 degrees as I have no warm place. I have just received an heat belt but not sure weather to just leave it as it is?

Kits normally suggest leaving it until it gets to .995 or less, take no notice of timings for fermentation to finish in instructions they are usually a load of BS.

I agree with chippy on this, I use a flavoured wine kit from my lhbs and it takes 3-4 weeks to ferment out but my WOWS can take half this time. I usually leave until 1.000-.995 as my wife likes it not too dry. Stabilising now at 1.010 will give you a weaker sweeter wine.

Thank you yes I meant 1.010 will leave it until weekend and try another sample but don't want to take too many as it's only a 6 bottle kit 😆 thanks for advice. One more question does the finings make it sweeter? I'm into a nice dry wine not too sweet

Latest posts

Back