Is the Faversham HBS still open

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevey

Landlord.
Reaction score
Is the Faversham one still open? I've been there twice and the shutters were down both times. :-( I'm in Sittingbourne and would much rather use a dedicated shop than wilko's.

i dont know about Kent, But 2 general HB shops which offer mail order /web shopping and can offer solid helpful PATIENT information over the phone too are
the copper kettle and my local hbs stonehelm. ring stonehelm on a friday or saturday to catch Stephan he like Ian at the copper kettle will give good solid advice on their stock over the phone.. Both are patient and suffer fools (like me ) gladly..

for grain the malt miller is my #1 stop and for shiny equipment Mrlard aka Mark at the homebrewbuilder..

All brewers themselves which is a big plus as far as i am concerned..

Stephan at stonehelm was instrumental in convincing me to go AG and he gave me a couple of ag kits which had just passed the best by date for free to practice on as well as printing off recipies for beers i wanted to emulate.. what a nice man.....

:thumb:

edit thought i answered "any good hbs in kent" ????

Sounds like fun. Of course the time to visit is the hop festival in the summer.

Colin (faversham homebrew) is in St. Marys Road these days (moved a while back so I expect all the online directories and whatnot are up to date but I mention it just in case).

Hi

Yes it's still open and very much in business. I think he's closed on a Monday.

Thanks, I'll have a look soon. Best to phone first though I think.
I'll second that for the hop festival, a great couple of days.:cheers:

Thinking about a trip down to faversham, but the shop hasn't tweeted for 4 months and I heard that it had closed. Any news?

Definitely open week-before-last. I was in there. But as already said, Colin's closed on Sunday & Monday. And his opening hours are sometimes a bit 'flexable'. Call him and he'll be there for you. Half way up St. Mary's Road.http://www.homebrewkent.co.uk

Last edited:
yup, he's still there. Just one street over from my house - i'm so lucky.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back