Its time for a WOW. Original recipe..

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike383838

Reaction score
Right, I need to try this so here goes:-

Origional WOW recipe from the How to Guide:-

Ingredient:-.............................................Sugar(gms)........Price
1 litre Tescos White Grape Juice (NFC)..............156...............£1.25
1 litre Tescos Orange Juice (FC)......................105...............£1.00
800g Sugar...............................................800...............£0.90
1 tsp Pectolase.............................................................£0.10
1/2 tsp Tannin.............................................................£0.10
1 tsp Glycerine............... .............................................£0.10
Youngs super wine Yeast..................................................£0.20

Total.....................................................1051..............£3.65 or 60p a bottle

Fermcalc works it out at 1.09 which should make a 12.4%ABV
WOWFermcalc.jpg

Pitched at 22 Deg C and in a room at 18 Deg C 1 hour ago.

Fingers crossed if I was into that. :hat:

Day 2

As expected at full ferment speed and hard to stop watching it, its better than the TV. LAVA LAMP MANIA. Looks great beside the Reds and Oranges of the other DJs. This is so much fun. :)

Day 4

Lava lamp only lasted a day :cry: Its just bubbling nicely with that great orange wine smell starting to vent. Its at 18 Dec C and keeping pace. I might bring it into the warn for a while to speed it up, but I like this cool ferment, it just seems better to me :)

Day 14

Reading 0.992

Racked into new DJ with 1 Camden and 1 tsp bentonite, shaken to degas, and topped up to full, leaving to clear.

Day 24

Didn't clear so well yet, so racked again with 1 Tsp of finning's, Smells and tastes like a good white Chardonnay. Pleased to say the least. It will be ready for Christmas. :cheers:

Bottled this a few weeks ago and whole family have drank a bottle with Christmas dinner. 3 Households all loved it and said it was as good as any white Chardonnay they tasted at £7 a bottle. This cost me 60p a bottle to make and I've now got a production line of this stuff going. Pink White and Red versions all magnificent. My biggest lesson learned over the last 3 months is fermenting this always under 20 Deg C. There is no harshness in the alcohol flavour and even dry it has a fantastic bouquet and sweet mouth tone, the dryness only kicks in on the after-taste. Just brilliant. I will never buy another white or rose wine from commercial again.

After going through several bottles of wine this festive season, some WOWs, and some different ones, I never had a bad comment about them! Glad you one turned out great!

Back