Jester & Centennial IPA bottle swap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a couple of bottles of Jester & Centennial IPA (4.7%) if anyone fancies a swap? I can only really spare 2 or 3 so if there are a few people interested I'll pick 3 at random next week. :cheers:

I'd be up for a swap.

I have a bottle of Riwaka Gold (5.3%) left or a reworking of my Apollo Brown Ale (5.9%) with either S04 or T58 (gives a slight Abbey style twist) yeast

I would be up for a swap. After a review in a Patersbier and oatmeal stout that I recently made (stout bring bottled this weekend)

I would be up for a swap. After a review in a Patersbier and oatmeal stout that I recently made (stout bring bottled this weekend)

I'll do you a swap of the oatmeal stout for a bottle of Mikkeller Milk Stout that went in the bottle last week? They'll both need a similar amount of conditioning time I'd imagine.

Sounds good. I will bottle mine at the weekend, put it somewhere warm for a week and then send to you. Pm me your address.

gave this a try tonight

a8ad2e1e-613a-4c0a-a4bf-7b8181e7ec79.jpg

Nice carbonation with a good head.
Great hop aroma and an intense hop taste.
A seriously nice IPA.

:thumb::drink:

ps. return will in the post on Friday

Cracked this open before drinking any of my own brew tonight.

Sweet smelling caramel aroma.
Nice hop taste and strength with a lingering bitter taste in the mouth.
I thought quite light bodied.
Very drinkable!

Looking forward to the review of my beer.

Supping this now. I love beers hopped with Centennial so this is right up my street. The jester hops give it a fruitier punch which I'd be tempted to up if I was brewing it. Bit thin on the body but as it is more sessionable in strength abv wise may be a good thing.

7.5/10!

Which yeast did you use?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Supping this now. I love beers hopped with Centennial so this is right up my street. The jester hops give it a fruitier punch which I'd be tempted to up if I was brewing it. Bit thin on the body but as it is more sessionable in strength abv wise may be a good thing.

7.5/10!

Which yeast did you use?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I agree it could do with more Jester, I only had 100g for this one but I'd try and improve the balance if I do it again because the Centennial is definitely dominent. Also agree about the body, it came out a little weaker than I'd intended and I mashed at 65 so maybe it would benefit from a bit higher? I think I'd also add some carapils or cara malt next time.

Yeast was Wyeast 1056.

I'll probably be sampling the beers I've been sent at at weekend. :cheers:

Drinking the bottle of Riwaka Gold I got from Dads_Ale, nice drop indeed. Lovely aroma and a really nice refreshing light beer with a nice lingering bitterness, hides the fact it's 5.3% really well so I'd imagine a few of these could sneak up on you. Thoroughly enjoying it. :cheers:

Lucking for me there was a packet of riwaka hops in with the bottle so I'm looking forward to making a New Zealand Ipa with those pretty soon.:thumb:

Drinking the bottle of Riwaka Gold I got from Dads_Ale, nice drop indeed. Lovely aroma and a really nice refreshing light beer with a nice lingering bitterness, hides the fact it's 5.3% really well so I'd imagine a few of these could sneak up on you. Thoroughly enjoying it. :cheers:

Lucking for me there was a packet of riwaka hops in with the bottle so I'm looking forward to making a New Zealand Ipa with those pretty soon.:thumb:

Glad you liked it :). It is one of my favorites and have just kegged a 40 litre batch which should keep me going for a couple of weeks :drink:

Trying the cream ale I got from @Crystal_Ball, first time I've tried one so have nothing to compare with unfortunately. It's a nice light and refreshing beer, quite dry but I think that's appropriate to the style right? It would be a good drink for a nice summers day.

Trying the cream ale I got from @Crystal_Ball, first time I've tried one so have nothing to compare with unfortunately. It's a nice light and refreshing beer, quite dry but I think that's appropriate to the style right? It would be a good drink for a nice summers day.

Glad you enjoyed. Yes agree with the dryness. I find i can't drink too many of them together for that reason. Bear in mind i didn't use the yeast quoted in the actual Greg Hughes recipe though!

A side question how do you quote someone's user name like that in a post?

Glad you enjoyed. Yes agree with the dryness. I find i can't drink too many of them together for that reason. Bear in mind i didn't use the yeast quoted in the actual Greg Hughes recipe though!

A side question how do you quote someone's user name like that in a post?

Just use the @ key

Latest posts

Back