Johnson and Sunak to be fined over lockdown parties

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh dear things just got worse -

The same people who were out on their doorsteps clapping for the keyworkers and asking us to do the same 🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's not actually that funny though. People in our country are going to keep voting for these vicious, malevolent scumbags for reasons that, well.... Speculation on that wouldnt help the thread so il just leave that.

It's not actually that funny though. People in our country are going to keep voting for these vicious, malevolent scumbags for reasons that, well....

If Labour don't get this lot out at the next election they may as well give up, lets see how both leaders get on at the next PMQ's on 20/4.

Last edited:
Minister Lord David Wolfson quits over Covid law-breaking at No 10

A Conservative peer has quit as a justice minister over Covid law-breaking in Downing Street.
It comes after Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Chancellor Rishi Sunak were fined for attending a party in No 10 during lockdown.
In a letter to Mr Johnson, Lord David Wolfson criticised the "official response" to "repeated rule-breaking".
He is the first person to quit the government since reports of lockdown parties emerged.
Barrister Lord Wolfson has been a justice minister since December 2020, with responsibility for human rights and the constitution.

In his resignation letter, he said the "scale, context and nature" of Covid breaches in government was inconsistent with the rule of law.
He added that he had "no option" other than to resign, given his "ministerial and professional obligations" in this area.
Opposition parties have said Mr Johnson and Mr Sunak must quit after being fined for attending the event in June 2020.
The fine meant Mr Johnson became the UK's first serving prime minister to be sanctioned for breaking the law.
But he and Mr Sunak have rejected calls to resign, instead insisting they wanted to get on with their jobs.
Cabinet ministers have backed the pair, whilst only one Conservative MP has publicly called for Mr Johnson to stand down.

Former justice secretary David Gauke said he was "not surprised" at Lord Wolfson's resignation.
"I think it's a particularly uncomfortable issue for anybody in the Ministry of Justice or for that matter the law officers," he told BBC Radio 4's PM programme.
As a member of the House of Lords, Lord Wolfson will not be able to submit a letter of no confidence in the PM to trigger a Tory leadership contest.
In a tweet, Labour's shadow justice secretary Steve Reed praised Lord Wolfson "for taking a principled stand".
He asked what this means for Justice Secretary Dominic Raab, "who's constitutionally charged with upholding the law but is instead condoning law-breaking".

BBC News

Johnson mislead the house and should resign for that. Johnson has a criminal conviction whilst in office he should resign for that.
He is not resigning for either. He has no respect for his party, the government, the processes of the house of commons and the voting public.
He has no honour, perhaps an old fashioned idea but one perhaps we should rekindle in the light of recent events with other world leaders that ignore the constitutional requirements and conventions of their country.
As for who should replace him. Liz Truss? Grant Shapps? Mogg? God help us all!

In fact it's neither a Falklands nor a Vietnam. We're not involved. It's not our war. We may supply a bit of money and some weapons (probably in the form of loans and sales respectively) but all the hype is for the home audience, to make our cowardly, fridge-dwelling Boris look good. Look at today's headline in the Mail "Don't They Know There's A War On?" There's always a war on somewhere, but we're not it it. Where were we in Syria, for example.
(If you're not brave enough to look at the front page of the Mail, I fully understand. I have an exceptionally strong stomach due to all the horrors I pour into it.)

Point was that the Falklands war happened at the right time for Mrs T - it boosted her popularity & she won another term. If BoJo thinks the same is going to happen by seemingly facing up to Putin it’s a non starter. We aren’t active participants but our support is vital to Ukraine - UK response has been pretty mediocre so far. Should Boris poke the Bear sufficiently he will find out just how emancipated our armed forces really are.

Point was that the Falklands war happened at the right time for Mrs T - it boosted her popularity & she won another term. If BoJo thinks the same is going to happen by seemingly facing up to Putin it’s a non starter. We aren’t active participants but our support is vital to Ukraine - UK response has been pretty mediocre so far. Should Boris poke the Bear sufficiently he will find out just how emancipated our armed forces really are.
Point not missed. My indignation was for the front page of the aforementioned fascist rag.

Last edited:
I'm not one to talk as I was drinking in my neighbours garden with a group of friends until 3.30am during lockdown, but what really gets to me over this is the hypocrisy. What Johnson/Sunak/Civil Servants did was wrong and flies in the face of the rules they created, but just yesterday, the list of people screaming for resignations was quite incredible.

Starmer (had a beer in his office with work colleagues), Sturgeon (attended several gatherings without a mask and was also proved to have lied to Parliament), Beth Rigby ('suspended' - no doubt on full pay - by Sky for breaking lockdown rules but now back at work), David Lammy (fined £5k over 35,000 nuisance calls trying to get Londoners to vote for him as Mayor), Humsa Yousaf in Scotland (convicted of driving without insurance - which is criminal, rather than civil as applies to breaking lockdown rules), Claudia Webbe (Labour MP found guilty of threatening to throw acid over a love rival) and Ian Blackford (drove 600 miles from London to the Isle of Skye three days after lockdown was introduced). I could go on.

None of this is written to protect Johnson, but the levels of hypocrisy on display are quite incredible. The brass neck on some of these people is really something and just shows how poorly served we are by so many of our politicians.

Last edited:
Back