July 2023 Comp- Belgian Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every beer has had a good pour and I have taken my time with them as I'm watching films at the same time as the Mrs is out..
Just finished watching Moneyball again..

Now onto Guess the film...classic
IMG_20230804_215923.jpg

As I said I would judge over the weekend I will wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if the last entry shows.

All beers scored well..

Finish off with a Belgian before 😴
IMG_20230805_001235.jpg

Tonight's the night brewers....

I'm going solo...so if I get a bit wonky I may split it over today and tomorrow.

Forgive me I will probably have no more than a half of each as I think there is 8-10 beers. The ones that are great I will probably finish them at the end of I'm still awake...

@Twopan your beer hasn't arrived yet so if you let me know what style it was I will hold one or two of similar style to compare against tomorrow.
Have pm'd you

Morning all...time for the results

Thank you for sending through your beers. I do like most Belgian styles so I was really good to try all of your beers. Thankfully there wasn't any Quads, Tripel's or Golden strong otherwise yesterday would have been a struggle

I will send over your score sheets this morning also, I do apologise as the night went on my handwriting and spelling drifted a little🥴.

Recipe here, very much a user upper.

4kg Pale
1kg lager
300g wheat

Mashed at 64c

30 min boil.....!!!!!

20g first gold @30
30g ekg, 200g sugar and 3 cardamom pods @5.

Pitched cml lille saison at 26c. Very pale out of the fv and og 1054ish. Can't find the FG but it ended up at 6.3%.

Latest posts

Back