Kegwatch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Many of you know I'm an estate agent. Well currently I'm marketing a pub which the bank repossessed about 4 years ago; having lent way too much money a few years before they tried to sell then but at too high a price and wouldn't bring it down so we ended finding them a tenant instead. Unfortunately they left after an assault and the tenancy then went to another guy who never paid any rent (apparently) so they took back possession again and now I have another pop at selling it, thankfully at a more realistic price.

Well today I got an email saying that kegwatch will be coming to remove all the CO2 bottles and kegs/casks. I know that they monitor this place, ebay and so on but I'm quite impressed that they are clearing "empty" pubs now. Previously I was contacted by the breweries wanting to retrieve their kegs individually although the larger ones didn't bother it was just the independents and micros.

So do they charge the breweries and gas suppliers for the return of their kegs and bottles, or if not who funds them?

I think they are funded by the big breweries. The are a Trade Association so I guess the brewery subscriptions fund them...

For some reason I had it in my head that they charge the breweries if they have done the recovery :wha:

I could easily be wrong though :whistle:

My father in law used to work for a Company in Burton that did clearing contracts for kegwatch. He visited quite a few pubs which had closed, but had mountains of old kegs and barrel left behind.

I think the big brewers all pay subscriptions into Kegwatch to be part of it.

:cheers:

I thought they charged a finders fee for each one they recovered, that's why they are on the ball collecting them back.

Kegwatch charge a finders fee to the brewery for each keg they have in their possession.

Contact the breweries directly and let them know kegwatch want to collect them, the Breweries will be round sharpish to prevent kegwatch stealing them!!

Latest posts

Back