Lager beer elderflower hybrid

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I cracked open the bottle you sent me and im very impressed. Unfortunately it wasn't carbonated but I can certainly appreciate how it would have been if fully carbed however the flavour was brilliant and that note of elderflower was really nice. I found the beer quite full if you know what I mean. all in all im impressed and id be interested in making something like this myself. good job. ill inbox you when the raspberry lager is ready to post to you

Shame it wasn't carbed properly, it would have made a difference. I think the 'fullness' is the pilsner malt.

I'll get myself organised and send you another one in the next few days. I'll choose one that's quite carbonated so it will be ready to drink once it has cleared.

Shame it wasn't carbed properly, it would have made a difference. I think the 'fullness' is the pilsner malt.

I'll get myself organised and send you another one in the next few days. I'll choose one that's quite carbonated so it will be ready to drink once it has cleared.

ahhhhh. honestly you dont have to but I certainly wont say No. ha ha. iv moved house since I last gave you my address though. iv got the raspberry lager sat in a warm place carbing so ill send it out to you this coming monday. If I think its carbed. However seen as it is a larger it could do with some time sat in a fridge to lager, but ill leave that up to you when you decide to opening it

just got back from holiday (well, yesterday) and I have been dying to try this beer which I put outside a bit earlier than I normally do but didnt want to leave it in the house while I was away 2 weeks.

As mentioned earlier this is very dark for a lager but I opened the first bottle to a very energetic pop - it was a Grolsch bottle - and poured it, getting a very nice head which remained to the bottom. I put 2 sugar drops in each bottle to get a lager fizz and it has worked very nicely.

Anyway, the important thing is the taste, it has a very flavoursome taste, not bland like many lagers and has a real hint of Elderflower, it's loverly.

Going to have a BBQ today so may polish a few off. :drink: :hat: :razz:

Thread dredger.

Found a bottle of the elderflower hybrid in a box in the shed and cracked it open last night.

Ageing has improved it, the cat wee aroma has gone and there is now just an aftertaste of elderflower. Really nice.

So the missus thought it was ok too.

Latest posts

Back