Lager kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any good recommendation for a nice lager kit please ?

Coopers European Lager with a big dry hop is nice but takes a long time.
Im drinking a Coopers Heritage Lager with 70g of Mosaic hops and its super but someone mentioned this kit is now obsolete?
Do you have temp control?

Coopers European Lager with a big dry hop is nice but takes a long time.
Im drinking a Coopers Heritage Lager with 70g of Mosaic hops and its super but someone mentioned this kit is now obsolete?
Do you have temp control?

No I don't have temp control

Any good recommendation for a nice lager kit please ?

The answer might depend on whether you're after a true lager (which uses low temp fermenting lager yeast), or just a "lager" kit which is technically an ale but tastes like a lager.

if you get muntons cerveza kit and properly leave it for several months, you will get something very similar to coors light.

The answer might depend on whether you're after a true lager (which uses low temp fermenting lager yeast), or just a "lager" kit which is technically an ale but tastes like a lager.

True lager I'm after 😉

When I do lager kits, I tend to brew cool and leave in the primary for longer. I then bottle and stick in the fridge, where it tends to do its lagering there. takes a couple of months tho for results and does get much better with age.

Some of the kits (cant remember which tho) do use a lager yeast - at least that is what it said on the instructions.

Latest posts

Back