Liquor Kwik Amaretto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, I saw that before, then I realised that's just the flavouring though. I have the whole kit to brew and then flavour the alcohol. :thumb:

I will get it brewed and give a bit of a review when done :smile:

Started this, dissolved just over a bag of sugar in warm water, made it up to 4.2l, added yeast. Now got to leave it for about 8 days at 26c, stirring daily to keep it oxygenated

990 today again, so syphon it off tomorrow and add the charcoal. Then leave it for 2 days...

It seems to be around 18%, hard to say exactly as it was about 30*c when i took the og

I made this and currently drinking it :) well, not right now due to work lol. It gets better over the first 4 weeks, but definitely drinkable straight away.

Once done, rack it and try some. I added sugar at the start and followed the instructions perfectly, but it seamed to be quite thin and tasted slightly watery, still nice though.

I then added 500g more sugar at the end and bottled. within a few days it begun to thicken slightly, like the genuine stuff and tasted very sweet :) even gave it that little warm/burning alcohol feel at the end.

Don't think I would do this kit again as it is very faffy. took 3 weeks from start to finish, and had to be adding stuff like every few days and stirring it constantly.

"Liquor Kwik" - Makes me laugh every time!!!

Made this up as part of a tasting evening at work.
Definitely does improve after a couple of weeks...

Finished, was beautifully clear until I added the Caramel sachets, then went slightly hazy. Nice taste though, will leave a couple of weeks and report back

Back