London & South East Craft Brewing Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff. Going to have to get a proper brewing schedule drawn up for this one.

Swazi said:
Both of course... That is after taking home some cornies at the National in Bristol

Hehe, that would do nicely!

Is it just me or are there a lot more competitions around nowadays? I must admit I've not really look for any until now

We have had questions about the bottle size for entries..
6 x 500ml or 1pt glass bottle is the standard - see the rules on the webpage.
Cornies also accepted and 330ml bottles but you will need 9/10 bottles to meet the 3lt entry quantity.

Sutton, Derby or Skipton type events allow the attending brewers to sample the beers that have been entered after the judging has been completed.

So one or more of the organisers needs to open bottle and pour the beer into jugs so you can then sample without the risk of sediment in your beer.
We normally use 1lt plastic jugs and keep checking the tables for jugs that are nearly empty and decant another bottle for sampling as required.

If a beer is presented in 2lt plastic we cannot present the beer in its ideal condition.
1 - Even if we had a bigger jug the full amount would be sitting there for several hours getting oxidized.
2 - The last few pourings from the bottle would not be worth drinking due the sediment being stirred up.

no beers in bottles, not sure whether it is lack of brewing too much drinking or a mix of both :wha:

108 entries confirmed :clap:
Looking like a very tasty afternoon!

If you haven't entered a beer you can still get in by paying your £10 on the door from 1pm.
You get a free festival glass to start your sampling.

Prolix - get yourself down there and enjoy the afternoon!

Absolutely cracking day - but knackered at the end of it!
Entered 4 beers and got 2 x 3rd places so very pleased. :party:

Well done to all the winners and a huge thanks to the numerous sponsors and my fellow brewers on the organinsing committee.
It was really great to see so many new brewers getting not only placings but also winning categories and the big prizes.

See you all there next year! :drink:

As a matter of interest, are there any otehr similar competitions scheduled in London in the next few months? I've had some very positive feedback on a couple of my regular beers and wouldn't mind trying my hand at a competition some time.

Back