Maple Wheat / Light Bock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amidared

Reaction score
I love wheat beers and the different variations I've managed to brew and remembered this week a wheat beer I drank in Canada which was really impressive. It got me thinking that I could attempt a Maple Wheat but I really know nothing about Maple syrup other than that its damned expensive. So I'm putting it out to you guys who might have done a Maple beer on your thoughts and tips. I plan on using a medium syrup, they seem to have done away with the grading, a & b etc. Anyway, the basics so far look like this. (I'm only using the DME because its sitting there and just about at its best by date)

2.5 kg German Wheat
2kg Pilsner
.5kg Torrified Wheat
.5 kg Wheat DME
.5kg (ca 1 pint) Maple syrup

20g Columbus @ 20 mins
50g Saaz @ 20mins

Safale 06 starter OR Crossmyloof Wheat Yeast (not sure yet, would normally go for the Safale)

Cheers.

I'd like to try this. Hope you get some answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on using a medium syrup but after searching online it seems that the light and mediums are really only for use as they are on pancakes etc and the heavier for cooking/brewing. So I ordered a litre of Kirkland dark robust to use, cheapish really if bought by the litre. ( £13 with postage) Got that pre brew day itch.

Latest posts

Back