Wheat beer with Kveik Voss

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_tea

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got 500g of wheat DME, and also some wheat malt left overs. Was thinking I might make something wheaty and fresh for a nice summer afternoon. Don't have any hefe yeast or other wheat beer yeast so might have another go at using Voss..

I'm a bit low on ingredients so it's a bit of a "kitchen sinker", bumping up the abv with golden syrup...

Just plugging some numbers into brewer's friend for a 11L batch:

0.5kg wheat dry malt extract
0.3kg wheat malt
0.454kg golden syrup
0.5kg Pilsen malt

Expected ABV is 5.2% is this high enough for Voss?

I'll do a stovetop mini mash with the Pilsen and wheat. Do you think it would be worth adding in some flaked torrified oats? Thinking it would bump the abv a bit and might add some mouth feel back after adding almost 1/4 weight of golden syrup. I have 0.3kg, should I just throw them all in?

For hops I'm thinking Hallertau Blanc as I have tonnes of them.

Considering some kind of fruit or peel addition also. Maybe orange peel or something after fermentation is done...?

Any thoughts?

How do this turn out?

I fancy having a wheat alongside my Saison, APA, Stout and Landlord clone and was going to use pack of CML Kristallweizen. However, since this week's resounding success with Voss for the APA I was wondering if it would be any good in a wheat beer?

Back