Marston's Owd Rodger - anyone made it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished painting the bathroom and fancied a beer so cracked one of these. Only 10 days conditioned but love the colour. Bit more time and they should improve..
20221130_203407_copy_768x954.jpg

Oops, accidentally wake this thread after a month peacefully languishing in an increasingly forgotten past.
... I have the option to order in a pack of "Owd Rodger" from Marston's on-line shop ... so I just have! Just in case my Xmas homebrews don't meet the capacity specs! Plus some Robinson's "Old Tom" the other local-ish "Winter Warmer" I would enjoy (and preferred) as a youth about this time of year ... though living near Derby back then, that would have all been cask and so much better than fizzy bottles.
Na! After a Christmas with "Owd Roger" and "Old Tom" in reserve in case my homebrew wasn't sufficient, I can conclude: "Old Tom" ain't a patch on "Owd Roger"! "Old Tom" is a bit two dimensional by comparison (probably needs stashing away for a few years?).

Stick with attempting to clone "Owd Roger". :thumbsup:

(I'd never tried the bottled "Owd Roger" ... it's not at all bad!).

I have no idea how close mine is to the real stuff (great excuse to buy some more Owd Rodg), but it's received some very complimentary reviews from friends. Surprising as it's not really a summer beer. Will be interesting to see how it ages and try some in June.

If I haven't drunk it all... 🙂

Latest posts

Back