mini kegs best way

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dps51

Landlord.
Reaction score
right what is the best way to clean out a mini keg
as i am thinking about changing my pb for mini kegs
which would mean I will need about 25 of them
also if you know where the cheapest place for them then let me know please
thanks

Personally I simply rinse them out then dry the inside with some kitchen towel. Then slosh some star san about inside then dry again with kitchen towel then put the plastic 'keeper' bung/tab on the bung hole. Been doing this ever since I bought my first ones and it seems to work fine.

Price-wise they all seem much of a muchness going for £6 each

I give it 2 rinses, I have a long bottle brush which I use for the crevices, 15mins with some Oxy cleaner, another 2 rinses, then try my best to get it dry (usually air dry upside down for 24hours then ty to get a clean dish towel inside).

I just rinse mine thoroughly with hot water as soon as they're empty and then star san before filling. I'm not overly rigorous with cleaning them but it hasn't caused me a problem (yet!).

I just rinse mine thoroughly with hot water as soon as they're empty and then star san before filling. I'm not overly rigorous with cleaning them but it hasn't caused me a problem (yet!).

I'm even worse,a few rinses with boiling water, a slosh around and that's it!
No oxy,no Starsan, nada
Never had a problem with them 👍

Faversham home brew are £4.99 each for mini kegs, I use a sterilising tablet to clean my kegs, then a quick swill and there ready

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've got 5 on order; my first. My dispenser arrived yesterday; Christmas comes again! I'll be cleaning the kegs with a bit of oxi liquid and a cloth. You can easily get cloths in and out of such small holes. Spin it around and the contact ensures all nasties are wiped away. I did the same yesterday with a conical flask; a very complex shape to clean, but no problem with a cloth.

Leyland seem the best place to get them, that's where I got mine.

After use I rinse in hot water and make sure it is dry. I then store with a keeper bung in.

Before use I rinse again and swish some starsan in them.

its so I get to replace all my pb
which makes its easy for me to move my brew around
as due to ill health I can not lift that much now

Latest posts

Back