Misleading Asda Water!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't they have click together connections?
They do - you can get push-fit for 12mm copper water pipes just like the stuff we use for our JG fittings.
Here's a load of it under my utility room sink: it's just like Lego...

Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.24.42.png

This is what my kitchen tap looks like. At the moment I have this yellow thing on it that connects to my hose so I can chill the beer.

View attachment 65999View attachment 66000
Okay, give me a minute to find something suitable.

If you can access a short length of the water feed to your cold tap (or the washing machine), you can fit one of these. They are fitted by just placing the collar around your pipe and tightening the screws. The tap seals around the pipe and punctures it. Your RO machine would then fit the screw thread shown.

https://www.toolstation.com/washing...bUTAzN6GxoC7xoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#full-desc

This is what my kitchen tap looks like. At the moment I have this yellow thing on it that connects to my hose so I can chill the beer.

View attachment 65999View attachment 66000
You could get an adapter to connect it to that hozelock fitting, I'm sure.
Equally, if you look under the sink at where the pipes to your kitchen tap come from, do you see braided hoses screwed on the other end, or is it all just copper pipes?

Yeah - piece of cake.
This (circled) is the cold water feed to your dishwasher or washing machine.
You can just turn the blue tap off, unscrew the connector and screw in a tee piece that will give you a spare connection. Give me a sec and I'll find one.
Screenshot 2022-04-04 at 11.37.49.png

It's to my dishwasher which is placed to the right of the sink. The washer is in the room behind the kitchen, and the drain hose goes through the wall into the downstairs toilet and drains in a pipe that's in there. It's a right shambles!

Ok. That's much easier now - many thanks to you both for your help! I do get easily blinded with connections that I don't understand.

We are going to attempt to make a kegerator soon. While you're here @The-Engineer-That-Brews, could you help me figure out if my fridge is big enough for two kegs? I have a tape measure handy.

That's excellent @Hazelwood Brewery thank you. Just to be sure though, I will mention that our hozelock fitting had to be replaced as the first one we bought was too small for the tap, so we had to get a bigger one. I am assuming this part above fits the larger size?

I think we bought the 18mm one first then had to change to the 24mm one.

I think I would prefer to connect to the kitchen tap than mess about under the sink which could potentially cause leaks (knowing us!)

Last edited:
That's excellent @Hazelwood Brewery thank you. Just be sure though, I will mention that our hozelock fitting had to be replaced as the first one we bought was too small for the tap, so we had to get a bigger one. I am assuming this part above fits the larger size?
I’m not sure what you mean, are you referring to the rubber cuff that goes around the tap pipe? If so, the connector that you plug your hose onto should still be the same standard size.

Incidentally, the Y-splitter that TETB has suggested would give you a more permanent and more secure connection. Do you ever find the tap adapter blows off the tap under pressure?

Yes it does, if we get a kink in the hose.

So your part goes straight onto the tap, and not onto the hozelock? That's what I thought lol

Forgive me, I'm hopeless with connecting parts together, my brain won't allow it.

Yes it does, if we get a kink in the hose.
Then you may be plagued by the rubber cuff blowing off with the RO machine, remember this uses mains pressure to push water through the membrane so the fitting on the tap will be under pressure throughout.

So your part goes straight onto the tap, and not onto the hozelock? That's what I thought lol
It plugs onto the thing you fit on your tap, exactly the same as your hosepipe.

Then you may be plagued by the rubber cuff blowing off with the RO machine, remember this uses mains pressure to push water through the membrane so the fitting on the tap will be under pressure throughout.

It plugs onto the thing you fit on your tap, exactly the same as your hosepipe.

Ah I understand. We're better off with the brass fitting then. My husband can hopefully do it. Last time we tried anything similar we couldn't get the fitting off as it was too tight. We had to get the plumber over the road to come and help lol. Unfortunately though, we don't live there any more 😂

Latest posts

Back