MJ Graprefuit IPA - additional hops or juice?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm brewing MJ Graprefuit IPA again this week. I have 100g each of additional citra and mosaic and was going to add these with the included dry hop sachet. But a bit of googling suggests adding 1l of pink grapefruit juice is a good plan. I'm looking for something like Elvis Juice. It'll be brewing in my All Rounder, and going in a corny.
Any suggestions or experiences?? Maybe some of both, or something total different...?
I have done the kit according to the instructions in the past, using standard brewing sugar, and it was great. Just looking to switch things around a bit.
Oh, and will using their LME pouch make a difference? I have loads of brewing sugar so was going to just use that. I'll likely brew a little short so it fits in the corny.

If you use juice it will ferment out and leave a little grapefruit taste so maybe do that but I would also use grapefruit zest from say 4 grapefruits but make sure you do not get any of the white pith (it will make it bitter)with the zest also squeeze that juice in from the grapefruits too

I’ve done this kit 3 times now and it’s one of my favourite kits. I’ve had best results using light DME and 1 litre of pink grapefruit juice. I’ve done taste tests and I prefer this to Elvis Juice. I wouldn’t add any extra hops other than what is included in the kit.

Latest posts

Back