My advent calendar is better than yours? 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, for those of us who are having a beer advent this year perhaps we can have a bit of fun and post what we have, and mark each day out of 10? keeping a running total?

And for those who are waiting a few days into December for a discount on a calendar it might help them decide if its worth arriving a bit later to the party.

I had a brewdog last year, an advent from a belgian beer warehouse the year before (good beer but far to many blonds) and this year I have a tiny rebel advent. I'm aware of a beer52 and beerwulf advent too....

Let the battle commence wink...

I balked at spending £1 per cup for a coffee advent calendar, so found a nice taster sample of local coffees at a Christmas/food market the other day.
1669890810809.jpeg

I've made my own Advent beer kit with orders from Polly's Brews and Azvex Brewing. I'll have enough for at least a tin a night.
I doubt very much if I'll average a brew a night though, I try not to imbibe every night and if I save them up for a weekend catch up I find my legs stop working and I start smiling at people and being nice.
I have let my son make the selections, and to be fair he's not picked a bad one yet.

Bottoms up chaps!

Edit, after reading that back it looks like I've used Advent as an excuse to buy beers to drink as and when. Hey-ho, such is life.
Cheers anyway!

Last edited:
My eldest son has just presented me with a Brewdog 12 beers of Christmas box.
Not quite an advent but I'm very happy he took the effort to get me something.
I shall be supplementing it with a few shop bought to eke out my supplies.

IMG_20221201_133003_244.jpg
imgly_2718018300328596428.jpg

So the tipa isn't as good as vocations tipa they have in the supermarkets and brewdogs triple hazy edges it but 7/10 . There's a lot of theming gone into this calendar. And hopefully there'll be a rude picture of the tiny rebel bear giving the bird when you line up the back of the 25 cans to make a
pic. 😉

Edit: son had coldfront a vienna style lager in his brewdog advent. I think he wins day one.

Last edited:
View attachment 78525View attachment 78526

So the tipa isn't as good as vocations tipa they have in the supermarkets and brewdogs triple hazy edges it but 7/10 . There's a lot of theming gone into this calendar. And hopefully there'll be a rude picture of the tiny rebel bear giving the bird when you line up the back of the 25 cans to make a pic. 😉
I hope thats not oxidised...or indeed any of them as I have had in the past.
A reason I won't buy TR.

Back