New bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stu brew

Reaction score
Hi all I'm brewing a light bitter tomorrow for Xmas but I wonted to try out using challenger hops so how's this recipe sound ?
Pale malt 4kg
Crystal malt 250g
Torrefied wheat 150g
40g fuggles 90min
50g challenger 30 min
15 g fuggles 15 min with 1 g protafloc
8 g fuggles 30 min dry hop

looks a nice simple enough recipe. I'm far too inexperienced to comment on the outcome.
Is Torrified wheat the same as Wheat Malt ? as I have some wheat Malt in storage and enough of the other ingredients. What abv does this come out around ?
Have a good brew day.

Should be around 3.5% and as for the wheat i think it is different but should still make a very nice ale let me know how it comes out please :-)

Came out ok sg of 1038 at 23 l and I'm going to do a brew tomorrow and il try it with 15% more grain to try and get 1047 at 27 l and il try
50g fuggles at 90 min
20g fuggles at 15 min
50g challenger steep for 30 min
How's this sound ?

I would personally bitter with challenger and get the fuggle s in at 30, 15 and 0 mins

mrlard said:
I would personally bitter with challenger and get the fuggle s in at 30, 15 and 0 mins
Iv done two brews this week but iv swaped the hops around on both to find out ;-))

Well both came out great I'm liking the challenger hops at 90 mins only because its more balanced :-))

Latest posts

Back