Newbies first results

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomjones2

Reaction score
Well me and the wife have been brewing away for the last couple of weeks, Started a 30 bottle Beaverdale and a 30 bottle Muntons Chardonnay on the 9th March , the Beaverdale is now clearing and is looking good , the Muntons has just stopped bubbling and is reading around 995 so guess that is about ready for clearing (its quite dark at the minute for a Chardonnay) we intend to let both of them Bulk age for a month or so and see how it goes, so will be back with results on them later.

We also started a Winebuddy, 1 week, 30 bottle Chardonnay on the 15th March (we do drink wines other than Chardonnay but we are looking for some direct comparisons on brands) we are both quite amazed as to how easy this has been to make and the results after slightly more than a week are very good indeed. Tried a blind tasting on the wife last night, the Winebuddy against a couple of shop bought Aussie and South african Chardonnays that I like, both at around £6 a bottle and the Winebuddy came out on top, its very quaffable as it is and I would guess it will get better with a couple of weeks in the Carboy in a cool place .I did some home brewing back in the 80's and early 90's and did not get great results , things have come on a pace since then it would seem , think we are going to enjoy this , hope the liver can hold up

as someone who also did it in the late 80s, early 90s (and then later on in the 90s and early 2000s), the one thing I've learned since returning is.....

Time. Give everything time. I've learned to stop drinking stuff after 2 or 3 weeks.

I'm doing a WOW (Worzel's Orange Wine) at the moment. I don't expect to drink it for at least 6 months.

fermental ,, I wish I had a quid for every time someone has done the "Not unusual" gag , but it made me smile none the less.I am happy to follow advice from here to age them a good while , but have just been seeing what they taste like when they are "supposed" to be ready which I was very sceptical about but pleasantly surprised.Will not be quaffing seriously until the summer time I guess, if we every get one :thumb:

Latest posts

Back