Next recipe suggestions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian_r

Brewing Numpty
Reaction score
OK folks after some inspiration here. Planning a brew day for either Sunday or Monday but indecisive as to what to brew so interested in your suggestions.

I have the following hops/grain/yeast:

Challenger (leaf) 30g
Goldings (leaf) 25g
Cascade (leaf) 65g
Northern Brewer (leaf) 200g
Amarillo (leaf) 70g
Cascade (pellet) 122g

Maris Otter - Approx 18kg
Crystal malt - approx 800g

1 sachet of Fermentis S05

The last two brews I did were both from Greg Hughes' book. An English IPA with the Challenger and Goldings and a 60 minute IPA with the Northern Brewer, Amarillo and Cascade. These are nearly fermented and ready for bottling.

I was planning on brewing a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone using the recipe here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37750 but I'm having second thoughts.

What have you brewed using the hops I have that you can recommend or is the SNPA clone a good recipe and both doing?

Let's hear what you have. I like my beers light and hoppy.

Cheers, Ian

since you've already done an english IPA and an amarillo/cascade IPA, Id go for the SNPA recipe as you originally planned. Then after that I'll harvest the saf05 and do another pale ale with Northern Brewer /Amarillo and compare the flavour differences.

Yeah I would agree and go for the Sisrra Nevada clone . It's one of those "staple" clone brews to get under your belt. And you'll end up with a good drinkable brew. Haven't actually got round to doing it myself yet...but hopefully at the end of the summer.

Latest posts

Back