Novice Coopers stout query

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jono_Leeds

Reaction score
Ay up guys, sorry to repeat my earlier post but I value the advice given on here and was hoping for some before getting a brew on tomorrow afternoon. Seeing so many people raving about the kit and being fond of a good old stout... I decided to get 2 on the go as my third and fourth brew. First off I plan to do a turbo stout with a tin of Original Coopers Stout, 1.5kg of Dark LME and 500g of Muscovado to 20l using the kit yeast and a sachet of Craft English Ale yeast. And for the second a tin of Coopers Irish Stout, 1.8kg of Dark LME and 20g of Fuggles Pellets strained in post-boiled water for 30 mins using the kit yeast and a sachet of Craft English Ale yeast. Question is, one of my tins of LME is 1.8kg.. Would you advise to use 1.5kg of it or chuck the lot in, should I add the extra sachet of yeast and how many litres would be best to brew it to? Cheers in advance, hope you guys can help!
user_offline.gif

Back