Oh.......no yeast!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobes

Reaction score
Morning folks. I'm up at this ungodly hour on a Sunday as I was planning to get a brew on with some leftover bits, but it turns out I've got no ale yeast left! :(

I'm not going to have time to get to my LHBS for the next few days, so if I order online the earliest it's likely to arrive is Tuesday.
I'm also not going to have chance to do another brew until at least next weekend, possibly the week after, so would ideally love to get cracking today. Is it likely to cause any major problems if I brew today and pitch the yeast on Tuesday?

The only other option is to use Young's cider yeast, Saflager S-23 or Young's wine yeast and I assume they're not really an option?

Go here

Wilkinsons
NOTTINGHAM (047)(0.14 miles from nottingham)
Wilkinson
20 LOWER PARLIAMENT STREET
NG1 3DA

they open at 10.30am today and will have ale yeast in a packet, either on the shelf or (under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :lol: )

UP

unclepumble said:
Go here

Wilkinsons
NOTTINGHAM (047)(0.14 miles from nottingham)
Wilkinson
20 LOWER PARLIAMENT STREET
NG1 3DA

they open at 10.30am today and will have ale yeast in a packet, either on the shelf or (under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :lol: )

UP

I was thinking that, but they only sell wine yeasts and I'm not really up for buying a £15 kit just for the yeast!

Tried to PM you but it's still sitting in my outbox.

If you can get over to Castle Donington I can give you a Nottingham or a Windsor

luckyeddie said:

If you can get over to Castle Donington I can give you a Nottingham or a Windsor

That's very kind Eddie but unfortunately I'm car-less! :(

Lobes said:
luckyeddie said:

Sorry.

I'd be happy to get in my car to get one over to you but unfortunately I'm just doughing in myself in 5 minutes

luckyeddie said:
Lobes said:
luckyeddie said:

Sorry.

I'd be happy to get in my car to get one over to you but unfortunately I'm just doughing in myself in 5 minutes

No worries mate, I wouldn't ask you to do that!! Thanks anyway though! :thumb:

i reckon it would be fine to leave for 2 days in a sealed fv before pitching. ive had a few stuck ferments that ive had to rouse and repitch after 5 days and its always worked out fine (well not quite, the stout i did didnt work :x ) so id think 2 days should be fine.

Im in West bridgford tonight if you can bus here? pm me for my mobile if you like. I have a selection too :thumb:

stevander74 said:
i reckon it would be fine to leave for 2 days in a sealed fv before pitching. ive had a few stuck ferments that ive had to rouse and repitch after 5 days and its always worked out fine (well not quite, the stout i did didnt work :x ) so id think 2 days should be fine.

Excellent news! That's kinda what I thought so I thought I'd give it a go anyway! :D

robsan77 said:
Im in West bridgford tonight if you can bus here? pm me for my mobile if you like. I have a selection too :thumb:

Thanks very much for the offer Rob but I'm off out shortly. Much appreciated though, bunch of bloody superstars on this forum!! :cheers:

unclepumble said:
either on the shelf or (under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :lol: ) I'm not really up for buying a £15 kit just for the yeast!
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :rofl:

unclepumble said:
(under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :D )

Doh

UP

Some people are just too honest UP :rofl:

snail59 said:
unclepumble said:
either on the shelf or (under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :lol: ) I'm not really up for buying a £15 kit just for the yeast!
:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :rofl:

unclepumble said:
(under the plastic cap of a kit brew ;) :D )

Doh

UP

Some people are just too honest UP :rofl:

Yeah, that'd be a bit too cheeky for me!! :lol:
Fingers crossed my yeast should be arriving today though!

Latest posts

Back