OMG equipment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChewedKandi

Reaction score
So I've only been making wine for perhaps 8 months now and really gotten into it... went from 2 demijohns to now 10 and I'm happily experimenting with all sorts of fruits etc...

It wasn't until the past couple of weeks I got a proper bottle/demijohn cleaning brush. Granted, it's only about £2 in the shops, it's surprising how awesome and much easier it is to clean things.

It got me thinking, I wonder what other people have came across in their wine making journey that they really appreciated purchasing or having.

I'm not talking uber expensive gear or anything... just in case there's anything our there that us relative newbies (I still see myself as a beginner!) would find helpful :)

So I've only been making wine for perhaps 8 months now and really gotten into it... went from 2 demijohns to now 10
Not a bad start for 8 months.

I only use my (40 or so) DJs for long term maturation now. For the quick stuff (a year or less) I use office water cooler bottles.

Anyway, years ago there was something called the Harris Quickfine filter system. That included a mixing bucket, a canvas bag and another gallon bucket which has a central drain with spout and is designed to sit on top of a DJ.

It is THE best thing ever if you are making country wines and have a must to strain. If you ever see one at a car boot sale or on eBay, grab it!

See my elderberry wine How To guide for pictures.

Anyway, years ago there was something called the Harris Quickfine filter system. That included a mixing bucket, a canvas bag and another gallon bucket which has a central drain with spout and is designed to sit on top of a DJ.

Oooo I'll look into that. I've been doing a rose petal and elderflower wines... looking forward to picking a lot this summer. So I'll have a look into this one.

Thank you Moley :D

Think I just got a bargain on ebay. Got one of those buckets with a hole in middle of bottom, 7 brown and 5 white demijohns for £20.00....... what do you brew in the brown dj's?

Think I just got a bargain on ebay. Got one of those buckets with a hole in middle of bottom, 7 brown and 5 white demijohns for £20.00....... what do you brew in the brown dj's?

Anything you want. Or you could save them for Wine's with a rich colour that you want to preserve.

Back