One way to request a recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richc

Regular.
Reaction score
President Obama's staff are apparently brewing so someone made this FOI request....

7abv0.jpg

Yes the American Presidents are noted for being big brewers .

Clinton was famous for his Lewinsky Ale, a rather week bodied brew in my opinion, it was noted for its rather loose lacing and decent head. Not my taste as I think I'd throw up after a couple.

President Johnson couldn't abide any Red or Ruby Ale's and apparently one was not allowed to mention a Dark Ale or Stout in his hearing. Although he was known to ship a few abroad, especially to his friends in Asia,notably Vietnam.

Kennedy Pale Ale was a decent brew but not long lasting, and didn't travel well.

Off hand I can't think of many more although I'm sure there's some......

President Bush never brewed beer although he tried to convince everyone that he did. He kept saying he was trying to perfect the ultimate brew simply made with W heat, M alt D extrose. At every possible moment he would try and convince anyone who would listen that it really really did exist. No one believed him but many of his ardent followers tried to emulate the some what elusive brew. In the end he admitted failure although he blamed certain people for spiriting it away and always insisted that he would find it tomorrow, or the day after, possibly next Wednesday but certainly by the end of the year or thereabouts.
His dad tried before him but gave up too soon he said.

The Goatreich said:
Did it work? Does that ale exist? It sounds bloody nice!

I believe the request was made pretty recently so no response yet. There is also one of those 'ask the people' petitions asking for the release of the recipe on the US government site somewhere

Moved your Post into here Tonester as it's had about 3 seperate topics raised over the last month

piddledribble said:
Off hand I can't think of many more although I'm sure there's some......

Kennedy was also keen homemade spirits drinker, he would often finish a tour with a couple of shots...

..I'll get my coat

Latest posts

Back